Good video on upgrades from Teaching Tech

Did a some site searches and this didn’t pop up. So, if it’s already been posted, blame the search engine.
The best upgrades for your Bambu Lab 3D printer

Maybe some notes to the video:

1. Alternative push plates can also be used on the X1. However, here comes a warning that needs to be confirmed as Laidar controls the type of printing plates. Alternative manufacturers plates do not show the control marks so there will show up a control massage on the X1 Display which needs to by confirmed.

2. In the meantime, the flow calibrations and initial position checks with the lidar on the textured plates have been solved.

3. The splinter is widespread. However, Bambulab has made improvements here: Bambu 4-in-1 PTFE Adapter | Bambu Lab Global. The splitter is probably the most printed Bambulab accessory, but even what is printed does not work as it should permanently work.

4. Of course you can insert large fillament spools through the AMS as noted in the video. But you should at least know, the AMS also has wearing parts. So in my limited point of view, it is a non-ideal method. Even if you get a printer dead, the AMS can be used for the next printer. Using the AMS as a material storage facility was also my first thought. Today I have to say, why material storage when you get rolles up to 8 kg? so it`s only a method by colorchanges with 2 kg spools +.

5. You can buy the PETG tube connectors cheaply from Bambulab: PTFE Tube Connector | Bambu Lab Global. However, never divide it into an arc. I have add an additional one between the “Bambu Lab AMS Hub” and the AMS. As well as I additional one between the “Bambu Lab AMS Hub” and the printer. I wouldn’t even turn the printer to remove the AMS…

2-4 Sidenote: Do to point 1, Bambulab is on the best way. There are even Printermanufactures which making dryers in to there Printers itself for 1kg spools by speeding up there printers above 300mm/s. Then 1 kg of spool makes as much sense as installing a car tank in a truck. Well, this is a new unnoticed problem since time is running fast and fast printers are still new…

1. Not mentioned in the video, but there is a tool for cleaning z-lift spindles. However, these tools are in my point of view useless because they do not press them cleanly into the thread and remove residues cleanly. I wash the z-lifting spindles with insopropanol down and fold the cloth into several layers so that it press well into the thread. If not. If the old grease is not removed carefully, the new grease will get dirty trough Iron particles immediately. How much risk it brings along is unknown since high speed printers are still new to the marked (There are only experience in non-3D printing industrail feld: There are definitely European-made high-performance jackscrews for industrial equipment in range for $2,500 per spare jackscrew with a lifespan of 8 months - well, we’re talking about equipment in the new systems range of $100,000 plus - However that may mean, you should may pay close attention to high accelerations in Z-hopping)

A god mod as well which will by printed as soon i got my QIDI Max (decision made) and my X1 get a litel no printing time to breath. I really like the video because it makes thinking about the old times that nobody should never forget :-):

1 Like