H2C and laser smoke/smell?

Hi everyone!

I’m thinking about upgrading my p2s to and h2C. First of all, is it worth it? I want a solution for minimal waste when printing multicolor/multimaterial. I also want to purchase the cutting upgrade kit. Does it work well? And here is the important question. I live on the fourth floor of a six-story building and I want to buy the laser upgrade+smoke purifier. Is it enough for the neighbors above not to complain? Does it smell a lot even with the purifier?

I think thr H2C is fantastic.

Perhaks wait for the R1 to be announced - even if it turns out to not be what you want there’s a chance the price for the H2 laser kits will drop.

And of smoke and smell do you have experience?

No, I do not use the laser on my printer (I bought the knife cutter only).

I’m not very interested in the R1 since I don’t have much space and I like the 3 in 1 capabilites of the h2 series (printer, cutter and laser)

How much smoke does the laser release?

I did some laser engraving on some cork coasters on my H2C. The smell is very strong and lingers for a few days afterwards. So if you plan to do regular laser cutting/engraving, I suggest getting a standalone laser cutter. If you only plan to use the laser occasionally, then the 10W version is very nice.

And does the smoke purifier make a difference? I want to reduce as much as possible the smell since i live in an apartment building and I don’t want the neighbors above to complain

Smoke purifier only reduces the smell of the air going out from the printer. The smell will still linger inside because smoke and material particles will stick to the inside surfaces of the printer.

I vent all my printer exhausts outside the window, so I have no issues with burnt smells inside the room.

And does the air that goes outside smell a lot? That is my main worry