H2C Right Nozzle Eddy Current Sensor Question

Hi folks,

Just ended up getting a new sensor from Bambu to sort out a possible issue with nozzle offset. They sent me a new Eddy sensor but the one I took out has the coils exposed. The one they sent me seems to have a covering on it. Should that covering come off?

Right Nozzle Eddy Sensor Replacement Guide for the H2C | Bambu Lab Wiki

Does it show/state anything here ?

No that’s the guide I followed. There’s no mention of that piece of tape.Not sure if it’s a new protection layer or it’s meant to come off.

Then i would suggest support for a technical answer.

I emailed them but I suspect now that it’s the weekend, I won’t hear back till next week. Yay, another week of my H2C being down :-1:

I have known support to reply weekends (saturday) and id say its better to be safe than sorry with getting a reply from a technical advisor and 2k`s worth of equipment

Agreed - just annoying its not clear.

This image (gif) appears to show the coils , as they are fitted

Right Nozzle Eddy Sensor Replacement Guide for the H2C | Bambu Lab Wiki

Same link from the store , hover over it to see

I was wondering if they’ve done an update to the sensor to protect the coils. I don’t really know how the sensor works.I’d half expect a tab to pull the tape off if that was an intended design?

The wiki gives you the basics aswell as a warning plus

For any concerns or questions about following this guide, open a new ticket in our Support Page and we will do our best to respond promptly and provide the assistance you need.

Bambu support video

Bambu Lab X2D Eddy Sensor Adjustment Guide