Hardware Kits added to Store

Do you know how the “creator program” works and how to take part in it?

That’s a good question. My guess is that they select creators. I don’t know of an application process.

2 Likes

I couldn’t find anything either, I came across it by chance.
I was just looking to see what kits are available to use the electronics for my own projects that others can replicate.

It is interesting to see which models have a “creator program” tag on Makerworld but do not officially appear in the shop.

That’s a smart idea!

2 Likes

Bambu has added a BUNCH of components to what they refer to as their “Maker’s Supply”. Seems you can also now request items to be added.

1 Like

Who do I request that from?! I wonder if I can convince them to stock my favorite magnets :sweat_smile: I keep using them in my projects, and I think it’s been causing stock problems across the web.

2 Likes

From the link on the main page.

They do stock the 4x2mm magnets… so there is a chance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @JonRaymond! This has actually been something on my mind, and I kept hoping/wishing they’d carry more hardware, and that I could maybe even get them to carry the magnets I often use. Here’s hoping. I want to make sure everyone can get access to the hardware I use in projects, so it’s always been a concern.

@MakerWorld Idea, hmmm. I wonder if there would be a way to do like hardware on demand (like publishing on demand! But with hardware!), where a designer could specific the screws needed on a given project. A costumer could then, from the models page, follow a link to buy all the hardware pre-selected on the store.

I guess it could act as like a pre-filled out shopping list too? As long as everything is in stock. Something like that.

I think it would be difficult to include hardware kits for everything, so general hardware selection, with like having some sort of click this button, add everything you need from the shop, would be nice.

3 Likes

you’re so on the money my guy, scroll down on this model of mine: The Endless Gear Machine by Kit Crafters - MakerWorld

2 Likes

Hahaha. Ahh, Well, I guess I got my wish :smiley:

1 Like

I was thinking about it when I was last scouring the internet for some magnets and M3 cap head screws.
Even if they had basic selection of hardware in small packs, let’s say packs of 10 or 20. Screws, bolts, nuts, washers, popular magnets, threaded inserts, self tapping screws.
Often design can be adapted to what hardware is readily available.

1 Like

I hope they expand it! I put in a request already. I want to try some of the screws they offer. I use m3 and m4 machine screws a lot, because they’re so common. I want to try the self tapping screws though, as those might be better overall since we’re working with plastic.

I’m happy to have an easier to source location for parts. I have people contact me about parts they’re having troubles finding, and I’ve had that situation myself too. I’m gonna explore the selection some and see what I could potentially incorporate.

I think there’s some rather common hardware they don’t have yet though, that they could add. Like they don’t have any skateboard bearings, the 608-2RS, and that’s pretty commonly used.

1 Like

I have a ton of metric hex drive hardware (M3, M4, M5) except it’s all machine screws. I just ordered a couple sets of self-tapping screws, in small sizes, so I hope these will round out my collection.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CCMJ3WW9
and

On a related subject. I was wanting to redeem some of my points for a couple outboard motors (kit 010). Has anyone been able to redeem points for multiples of the same item (or even different kits) and have them ship in one order. There isn’t much information (I’m new to Bambu Labs and Maker World) out there about the process. I want to print a couple of the boats for my grandson to play with, and I’d like them to all have motors. It looks like shipping is $7 and I’d prefer to not pay shipping on each one. I did try to search for the answer, but came up empty.