Have to format SD card again and again…

I usually print from my SD card. There is unfortunately a problem I can‘t solve. After I formatted my card (32GB) and transferred my file to it, it printed just fine. When I transfer another model onto the card I can see it on the display of my P1S but it won‘t print. It counts down but the light doesn’t come on and the display shows ‚ready to print‘ but doesn’t. So I format it again in my P1S, transfer the file again and voilà it works.

Have you tried a different SD card?

3 Likes

There exists fake sd-cards which dont have the capacity they should.
Seach for tools which can examine the card, the speed, … and can make memory tests.

Why you just dont use the Wifi function?

I’m not OP but own a P1S, and use a X1C at work. I use the handy app/bambu studio for some of my prints P1S at home, but am required to use the SD card method at work.

The X1C stays offline due to company policy around handling of owned schematics. Given the nature and design of this ecosystem, there is zero way to guarantee that our proprietary designs do not end up outside of our network.

Also not to side rail this completely, but some may do so just for privacy concerns. There are plenty of examples of our governments/police agencies overstepping authority and demanding data from tech companies for supposedly legitimate investigations and warrants. Just last month NYPD tried issuing it’s own self-written warrantless subpoenas to X (twitter)- (you’ll have to “trust me bro” or google this. Tried linking the story here, but links aren’t allowed on the forum)

It’s no secret that 3d printers are popular among 2nd amendment supporters, who legally manufacture their own firearms/gun parts. We have a rouge government and police force with an established history of doing as they please. They even go as far as to invent their own warrants outside of the judicial system…

Not saying that this is mine or OPs reasoning for SD cards, just something to think about next time before saying “just use the app”, because I’ve seen this answer given so many times on this forum when I was researching the local/LAN function and limitations vs the online apps.

SD card needs to be formatted? is a common error, which occurs due to the following reasons: SD card is corrupted or damaged. Interruption during writing on the SD card. Ejecting the storage media while the drive is in use.

Have you tried it in a different device ?

I tested the card with f3xSwift on my Mac and there was no indication of a fake card.
Tried another SD card and it works fine.
Thanks for your help.

You need to go into the menu of your P1S and eject the card before pulling it out. Otherwise, you will get the SD Card corrupted 100% guaranty. (The P1S is constantly logging and writing)

Yes, every single time. It’s COLD swap, not hot swap SD Card.

Don’t ask how I know this, been there.

“You need to go into the menu of your P1S and eject the card before pulling it out.”

That’s exactly what I did. So I don’t agree that I would have to format it every time in order to be able to save a new project. The new SD card has now already 12 projects on it, just the way it should be. I could add a new one without any problems.

Could be a defective SD Card.

See my post from 10 days ago