Heatbed changed Successfully

Hi all
Just wanted to do a quick post ,as I received my heated replacement over weekend in UK .
Changed it over today with little problems ,watched videos before over last week or so and they all covered it well .The only issue I had was when I refitted the bed I put the screws in wrong position so bed was forward to much and when I calibrated it it said no heat bed detected after about 35% .i realise this was a silly error on my part but thought the information might be relevant .
I would also recommend some Pinch nose tweezers to help pull
The cables back through as it’s quite tricky
Sent pics off to Bambu on ticket so hopefully get my voucher soon to buy some fillament .
I did not have to tram my bed as the new bed was level (not sure if this was pure luck tbh) but printing perfectly .glad to have it back up and running …

1 Like

Just thought I’d add my thoughts. New bed installed successfully and then proceeded to run full calibration. This failed. So decided to do factory reset. Failed again. Switched off and restarted, full calibration failed again, now despair started to gain control. What to do?? Tried full calibration for the 3rd time, failing once again, and by chance checked Bambu Handy which pointed me to the fact that there was no nozzle fitted. I remembered that I’d removed it and fitted it to my mini. Fitted a nozzle and all calibrated successfully. Who would have thought. Got to love my A1 and A1m

2 Likes

Glad it wasn’t only me then :flushed:

1 Like

I changed mine too but haven’t received the voucher yet, I find it amazing that they take so much time. I have also sent the pictures of the conversion.

Hi I have just received my voucher code that’s about 24 hrs since doing and sending the pics in !!!

1 Like

UPDATE:
Received my voucher code
In email just so that’s about 25 hrs from doing the job to receiving code ,I am happy with that .
So obviously living in UK you don’t need to send it off to be checked ,so that’s a relief…
Well done BAMBU, all handled with professionalism and good communication…
Off to buy loads of
Fillament now

2 Likes

Good luck! Loads sold out already! Got myself a load of spare parts, nozzle etc….

[quote=“cmcguirk, post:6, topic:71904, full:true”]
UPDATE:
Received my voucher code
In email just so that’s about 25 hrs from doing the job to receiving code ,I am happy with that .
So obviously living in UK you don’t need to send it off to be checked ,so that’s a relief…
Well done BAMBU, all handled with professionalism and good communication…
Off to buy loads of
Fillament now

Hi cmcguirk thanks for your message it was useful for me as I did also this part wrong :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I thought it would just be me :joy: …it’s one thing in the videos they could point out by the sounds of it …!!

I sent my info on Friday. Pictures are showing in the ticket info. No voucher yet. Shows in progress I hope it comes soon. Want more filament…

2 Likes

Same time frame for me about 24 hours later after the PICs. Mine went to junk mail and I found it.

1 Like

It has been 6 days for me since I completed my bed install and submitted the pictures. I have heard nothing back yet via email and no response to my ticket. Am I suppose to close my ticket as completed?

1 Like

No ,leave ticket open till you get your voucher code ,one user oh here suggested just keep putting …ANYONE THERE …every day till you get a response ,can’t hurt can it !!

After the 8th day, so far not processed and the voucher also not received. I find it impossible that it takes so long. I write to them, no response.

2 Likes

It’s really weird that some people are getting nearly instant response, and some are getting none at all.
I’m getting none, nada, zip.
Replied by email with Pics on the 19th. No response.
Replied via app to the support ticket, with new uploads of pics on the 24th. No response.

I got mine some days ago too. I will change it this evening and it’s very nice that people already got it done.

But how did you know you had to update the ticket with pictures and so on to get the coupon? I haven’t read that anywhere until now, ever.

Maybe because I haven’t read any instruction until the absolute end?! I will do that on the fly while swapping my bed.

Thanks for you post!

hi
i followed this video its really good and covers everything.one thing i would add is once you take your rubber bungs out of hotbed , take a picture of where the 4 screws go (this is for you to make sure you put the bed back in ecactly the righr place, a few of us got it wrong LOL …

Hey folks,

Received my revised heatbed wednesday. Replaced it today. Took my time to work carefully. Still the whole thing took only 30 minutes or so. Took the required photo’s and added them to my support ticket. Hope they will repond soon. I didn’t need to tram the bed, but I did run a full calibration run for the leveling. Running a test print right now: a 0.4 mm thick bed level test :slight_smile:

Edit: result showed some imperfections. Decided to perform the tramming process after all. Should be all good now. Running the test print again…

2 Likes