Heating of printer bed : displayed temperature is probably often wrong

Hello,

Playing with my bed, and doing tons of modifications, I have noticed something which is a bit weird about bed heating.

The studio as well as the printer say that the bed reach its final temperature in few seconds (I have 220v), but using a cheap thermal camera I can see that it is completly wrong and it take much longer too the bed to be completly & homogeneously heated to a given temperature, the higest the temperature is set the more it took time, while Bambu Studio and printer both say it is heated well after few seconds.

I am pretty sure this is because the thermistor or whatever measure the temperature, is located too close to the heating block.

Does anyone have already displaced the thermal sensor to resolve this problem ?

I have to say that even if I dont have an original bed as I have modified mine with differents test versions, I was able to see the problem event when there is only the original aluminium plate with nothing on top of it.

EDIT: my idea is to make a little hole in the aluminium plate and set the thermal sensor inside the magnetic plate with a little thermal grease

1 Like