Hide seam option

I’d love to be able to manage these ugly seams better - one option I recall in cura was the “hide seam” - it’d try to move it to less prominent areas.

I’d love to see this, here, too.

:man_mage:and Pooof!!!:man_mage:

Your wish is granted!!!

Simply click on the magnifier con and start typing “Seam” and you will see all of the Seam options. They have different names in Bambu but they are based on Cura. It should be noted that seams are not hidden, they are camouflaged. Unless you’re using vase mode where the nozzle never stops moving and simply spirals up, a seam created whenever there is a layer change. There are tons of YouTube videos that show tricks to minimize there appearance.

The seam painter tool is wonderful for controlling where the seam goes. So if you place it let’s say at the corner of an object, you won’t see it. There’s a wiki on the bambu page on seam painter. Just do a search.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer.

Something isn’t quite the same here, interestingly.
I only get the “seam position” option - and it offers no way to hide the seam on my model (I’ll explain in a second).
The version of bambu studio here is 1.8.4.51.

The model I’m currently printing looks like this, with the “aligned” seam option.

The “nearest” looks a bit better, btw:

But as you can see, trying to paint the seam on such a model is a major PITA :slight_smile:

And I’d expect a “hide” option to put the seam in one of the grooves on the undersides of these pins.

Edit: of course there’s the ‘back’ setting; but that prefers to put it on the farthest edge, rather than hide it. So that’s not good at all, either.