Horrible support has finally reached me

Seriously. Thankfully the replacement parts are relatively cheap and the stock does appear to be better than it was a month or two ago.

1 Like

OMG I totally agree. People bitch and moan about support from a newly created company that’s just blown the lid off the industry, but they forget how much work they have to do on the printers they already own and since most of those are the same basic style and easy fixes they don’t complain. Parts are really available for Creality ■■■■ and others. Bambu is new and growing, and it’s not easy to find techs for customer support. Even here is the USA, people didn’t want my job when I was a tech taking phone calls from angry customers and being yelled at like it was my fault, but but were they happy when l fixed their problems and they calmed down and listened. You can’t please everyone, but so far my experience with my X1CC had been all good. I have the fan issue but that’s it. I’ve got a new fan and just have to do the work to install it. Old one is just noisy and works so I’m still printing away on it until l find the time to take it apart… Lol… I’m not upset that the fan crapped out, haven’t people ever bought toys and appliances that never worked out of the box? This is an appliance, a machine, you can’t expect every single one to be problem free. The cost of this thing is low… It’s a total bargain for what you get and how well it works, yet people have to complain just to get attention and say how unfair the company is to them… Bunch of bullshit. No patience and a lack of understanding how fast this company is growing and still keeping the quality and continuously improving the firmware and software. Why wouldn’t they be trying to do the same for the hardware. This stuff takes time… give them a break they aren’t even a year old…

4 Likes

As long as they do not turn into Prusa who sold the very same printer for almost 5 years without doing doing much of improving it, I will be happy.

2 Likes

I guess to summarize a solution to the experience would be to give us a schematic of the printer with all the parts listed. Allow us to order parts via a parts only path with no return policy.

My complaint is the length of the support incident but at the same time as some have mentioned we have other options, many other options except one. We can’t order parts. I would have been happy to order a second stage feeder or main board if it was available. But it’s not. So I am 100% handcuffed to dealing with a stressed support system and no other option. We don’t even have an option for overnight shipping via the store. Only USPS.

And Extra parts… I have them all in duplicate or triplicate. For both printers.

1 Like

My camera broke. I’m waiting going on 6 days for Bambu Lab to admit it’s broke so they can send me a replacement. Currently printing without a chamber camera.

UPDATE
On Thursday 3-30 I received my replacement Second Stage Feeder. I immediately installed it tested and it still doesn’t work. Contacted support immediately. At 3:20am PST they replied with a repetitive list of tasks that I did 2wks prior. Ok. Here’s the video and log again. That was Friday morning at 6am PST. Less than 3hrs after their request. Nothing since.

It’s coming up on a month since I initiated the support incident. Everyone here that feels we should be patient and understanding… What is an acceptable amount of time we should have our equipment not working? 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month?

UPDATE
It’s been 3 days since my last communication with support. Tomorrow will be 30 days since I initiated a support ticket for my AMS issue. I’m sure I will not get an email today but will get one between 12:30am - 4:00am Monday morning. Maybe. Maybe not.

If you’re tired of dealing with it, why not just ask for a full resolution or a full refund?

1 Like

At least you can print something. My printer will not connect, and I can’t even open a support ticket.

Why can’t you open a support ticket?

Because the Handy App will timeout when I select my printer, and the web page does nothing when I hit the submit button, nada - no errors just nothing.

Support Ticket

Update
I decided to stay up to respond to supports email when it came in. They’re now instructing me to disassemble the new filament hub to swap the extension wheel with the one from the old filament hub.

I replied back within 15mins. I’m sure I won’t get a reply today. It will be another 24hrs. per their history over the past 32 days.

Just as I expected. No reply no matter how quick you respond to their emails. So frustrating. I guess I’ll get my usually 24hr reply at 2:00am PST.

My AMS will be down for another week. Seeing that they’re not sending a part today and I doubt they’ll send one tomorrow. It won’t get here before the weekend.

So no AMS for 6 wks.

You forgot to put an update in bold at the start of your daily post.

1 Like

Thanks for the laugh… Needed that… Technically it’s the same day…

Update just for @Barryg41 :grinning:
Going on day 33 since initiating the support ticket for my AMS. Looks like they’re back to offering store voucher for parts. Yeah, sure I’ll take the voucher and wait for a part to arrive NEXT WEEK.

Come on Bambu. REALLY. My patience has ended with this last email.

My request was for a new AMS mainboard (which I feel is the issue), a refund or replacement.

It took 3-4wks to get a Second Stage Feeder replacement (which didn’t fixit the issue)
It took another 1 wk to get a store voucher for a part that is working.

Any part ordered or sent will not arrive until next week. Minimum 5-6wks downtime.

Also, quit using fake names in your emails. Last night’s email requested the same information I gave you 2wks ago for the replacement Second Stage Feeder. Obviously, I’m not talking to the same Teddy.

That is actually quite usual when dealing with support based in Asia for the western world. They always use western sounding names so we do not have to try to pronounce their real names.
And many support persons, even in the western world, do not use their real names to protect privacy.

But anyways, what did they offer to send you or told you was broken if not the motherboard?

First diagnosis was the Second Stage Feeder (Filament Hub and Motor). New diagnosis is the AMS Extrusion Wheel (Part of the Filament Hub Assembly).

The Extrusion Wheel is part of the Second Stage Feeder that was just replaced. The filament feeds into the Second Stage Feeder then stops/jams and the Extrusion Wheel grinds on the filament. I can manually feed and turn the Extrusion Wheel. But it is extremely difficult to feed the filament past whatever this is (circled in Red).

Not sure what the board is that the “Hall or Haul” cable is connected to, but it appears that it has something to do with that mechanism and is connected to the mainboard. The filament is not going past this section.

This is what the end of the filament looks like when it final fails and I pull it out.

Before

After

1 Like

That looks like some serious grinding indeed.