Horrible support has finally reached me

So the board is just the speed sensor. I took my P1P AMS a part to compare and it seems that the tension on the spring of the new Filament Hub is tighter. I took the Extrusion Wheel assembly apart cleaned the teeth on it and the speed sensor reassembled and tested. Same issue.

Definitely not the Extrusion Wheel. Maybe just a bad Filament Hub.

UPDATE

No update. No communication in 48hrs.

35 days without my AMS.

1 Like

UPDATE

Still not working.

Day 45 since I initiated the support ticket for my AMS. Today I received the second filament hub. Support suggested that my issue was an Extrusion Gear Wheel (in a new filament hub).

Filament hub replaced immediately upon receiving it today. Same situation. Filament feeds until it gets to the filament hub then stops. Extrusion Gear Wheel grinds the tip of the filament but never exits the AMS.

What is this full resolution you keep mentioning mate?
Cheers

1 Like

I ordered the X1-Carbon Combo 3D Printer on the 7th July-paid (bank shows taken) and nothing NO receipt for order, no email to say done NOTHING. been at it all morning sending emails to ask where is my receipt/order and NO replies. The printer gets great reviews, just wish I had read the POOR reports about customer service.

Bro, chill. You ordered at the end of a business week. I’d say by tomorrow/Wednesday you should receive the confirmation.

@Sideline_Review did your issue finally get resolved?

So what happened? Hopefully, everything got resolved.

1 Like

Well it’s all gone to rats sh1t…
After spending 95 minutes on the phone to DHL and contacting the CEO of DHL (that speeded things up100%) yesterday I have informed that DHL has lost the package!!! and that I should contact BL direct for a refund or replacement!!!
Someone called Rose from BL has replied to my ticket stating “My logistics team is looking into the case, I will get back to you once I have any update” - so now after ordering the printer on the 7th of July I must wait for a reply and update!!!
In fairness, it is DHL who is at fault and not BL, but the lack of updates from BL is a pain. I have replied to current ticket just now asking for an update, but don’t hold much hope.
I have even offered to pay delivery charges via UPS if that speed thing up.
My poor teddy bear only has a head left, as ripped off arms and legs days ago.
Will update this thread as and when things get moving…

1 Like

That was fantasy thinking. The software and its application created the greatest failure to the out of the box functional! in the effort to try and keep the slicer proprietary to BL by forcing the online aspect the software issues like settings reloading or defaulting inconsistently between prints created numerous print failures and that doesn’t talk of the connection issues so many suffer. When you are forced to check ALL the settings for every print so you don’t get blindsided by some holdover or defaulted setting which would be detrimental to the good outcome of a print the “Out of the Box” Fantasy gets squashed mercilessly.

UPDATE: I forgot all about reporting back here. Anyway here we go… BBL did sort me out about 7 days after my post above dated 26th my new printer arrived at my door. They cound NOT have been more helpful even contacting me to check I was happy. So customer service score 10/10
Setting up was a breeze and I had it printing within an hour of it arriving and the print/prints where perfect. The AMS is a real treat having 4 different rolls, changing colour now is so easy. The build quility of the machine IMHO is first class. So machine service score 10/10
I did have some filament stuck in the AMS one night, but did not have to strip/take apart the AMS down, just pulled the filament back on itsself and reloaded. The online guides the BBL have are a great assist, but need updating I think. I think the AMS also needs a makeover with a removable bottom panel instead of having to remove the top of it to access inside. AMS machine score 8/10
Then there are the spare parts. I ordered some spare parts with my machine and luckily to date have not needed them, but the price is so low conpared to other makers ie: hot ends, build plates etc etc. I ordered some other spare parts and they arrived 5 days later (just incase I ever need them) Spare parts score 10/10

Overall BBL makes a great machine considering they have only been going just over a year and I´m sure they will get better given the space to do it and people stop running them down for silly things that they could have fixed with a little patience. This makes 3D printing so easy in a (out of the box experience) compared to other printers I have owned, at times having to spend hours fixing this and removing that or sending of for parts that no longer work.
Overall score for BBL 9/10

At the end of the day this is a hobby for me at the age of 68 and whilst I will never make a fortune out of 3D printing I can now at least print with confidence and not have to worry too much about having to watch, fix or repair the machine every day.

Finally I would like to thank @Ciprian for his time and help in my case.

1 Like

@jyezahn3D It must be nice never getting frustrated. I bet youve never complained about anything because theres always 2 sides. LMAO

Finally have slowed down to give everyone an update. It’s been a while but I want to let eveyone know the end result. A big shout out to @Ciprian for personally monitoring this case which contributed to it’s resolution.

Final resolution after 63 days was a replacement AMS. During this 63 day period I had to purchase another AMS so I could continue to produce parts for our product line. The back and forth with support was exhausting and inexcusable. That was my last encounter with support. I have decided it’s cheaper for me to just order parts and multiple hardware items instead of dealing with support. This support incident was so horrible that I avoid support at all costs.

I continue to find inconsistency with products I have recently purchased which is now leading me to find 3rd party products no matter the cost.

For example I just purchased a P1S and the build plate that shipped is a better quality than the stand alone build plates I received a week before. The build plate that shipped with the P1S has the same texture (rougher) as the old build plate which was great at hiding layer lines. The 4 Gold build plates I recently purchased do not have the same texture and do NOT hide the layer lines. This is very frustrating when your build plate is your finished surface of your product. Again. Total lack of consistency in what they’re producing/buying. I can’t buy the old build plates and 4 out 4 of the stand alone are not textured enough to hide the lines. Maybe I have to buy another P1S in order to get a better build plate.

Bambu please get your QC under control. It’s so frustrating. I thought about returning the plates but after reading the return process I can tell it’s not worth my time. I’ll eat the $152 and save myself the time and frustration trying to warranty/return the items.

2 Likes

hi there. i can’t seem to be able to make a new thread. so my question is there anywhere i can find a schematics/diagram for the screws (basically the positioning and distance of the screw holes one from another on the back panel)
please let me know

Hello Jsmith… What are you needing exactly. I have a STEP file of the P1P. Here’s a screen shot of the back.

thank you very much. i am just a simple tinkercad man. but i think i have already managed to do something as i made a new post here https://forum.bambulab.com/t/regarding-schematics/38287
but if you can add the step file to that post that would be great
thanks so much

Apparently the post you’re referring to is no longer available

I think this might be the correct link.
Schematics diagram to show measurements of screw positions - Bambu Lab X1 Series / Troubleshooting - Bambu Lab Community Forum