Hotend nozzle changing tips?

Did my first complete hotend nozzle swap for 0.8mm. I’m shocked how difficult Bambu made it to disconnect the hotend fan and thermistor connectors. I get that the size and weight matters, but was hoping the swap would be much simpler and I would not need to mess with tweezers to carefully unplug the connectors hoping not to damage either side…

Swap in my good old Flashforge was super simple - press, pull and insert. Done.

Anything I’m missing? Than you, any tips, tricks and pointers appreciated.

That title in the topic list is really misleading… :joy:

3 Likes

Also this set of tools obsoletes the tweezers…

And I’m no Kevin btw. Was just my first test print (I do no benchies!) and proved to be really useful.

Edit: These two are for the connectors. You’ll need to use the 0.4 nozzle though

1 Like

Sorry fixed the typo on the topic - sorry about that! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

THANK YOU for sharing, I’ll print these and try them out!

1 Like

I use forceps to remove and install the connectors. Much better than tweezers and they can lock.

Good recommendation, thank you Ken!

Used a small plastic pry-tool to go back to 0.4mm so I can print the tools from Kevin… But still very un-impressed about the connectors…

I tried various methods and prints but in the end I used a design on Printables with a slight modification of my own. Ideally I’d like to see Bambu offer a modification so that we could have a system like the A1

Here is a link the the printables design for those that are interested
https://www.printables.com/model/872803-parallel-jaw-pliers-sturdy-small-version

1 Like

Even a cheap set of these turns ham hands into precision instruments.

@Baz Me too! My sister has an A1 mini and the hotend change is so much easier. I would so buy a mod to make my X1C like that.