How do I make a filament change by layer in the slicer?

I am moving over from Prusa where I could introduce a filament change in the slicer by moving the slice selector to the layer I want and then clicking on the “+” sign to select a filament change. After some trial and error, I discovered that a “control-click” would allow me to bring in a “change filament option”. However, when I do this, I do not see the second filament on the print plate page:

Any tips would be

Thanks,

Chip

1 Like

The feature is broken in the current release. It is supposed to be fixed in the beta version on github.

You can use the layer range paint tool or cut the object into parts or possibly use a modifier object to choose a different filament.

1 Like

@froboz,

Thank you for pointing that out. I guess it was not me clicking in the wrong place after all! I will take a look at the Beta.

You mentioned a “layer range paint tool” but when I look at the pain tool, I do not see a layer range option. Any tips on what I should be doing?

I like your modifier tool, I will look into that as well.

Thank you again!

Hi chimpmc,

it is this icon:

2 Likes

@Wylaryzel ,

Thank you for pointing that out. I was able to get the color change I needed.

Chip

Just loaded the beta version of Studio. You can select new filamint at a particular layer, however, the wrong color seams to print in the wrong place. Maybe that’s why its a beta version.

Thanks so much @Wylaryzel ! This also works the same in OrcaSlicer.

I find the use of the paint tool for colour changes by layer uses too many changeovers wasting time.
Instead I use the right click add modifer and change filament that way so right across the layer changes, saving much time

1 Like

It now seems to be (if it wasn’t always) right click “Height Range Modifier” beneath all the “Add…” options.