How long does it take to receive a response from Bambu Support?

Hard to say, they are just back from national holidays. I’m waiting almost two weeks now and also losing my patience, but what else can you do? Let’s hope that the situation gets better in one week or so.

Agree 100% with you their support is horrible.

I’ve lost wifi in my p1p. Ticket is unanswered since 11 days.

Have you checked to see if the wifi antenna connector has come off?

2 Likes

yes. hardware wise everything is fine. i have 4 bars of network signal on the printer’s screen. the problem is that i have 40% of lost packets. if printer does nothing i’m able to connect to the one and see status for ex. but any network traffic to the printer (print send, camera) causes that printer is stopping responding and whole network communication is cut.

1 Like

Have you tried connecting to the printer via a hot spot on your phone to see if it is a printer related problem or a problem with your network?

3 Likes

i have multiple APs at my house. new and old. wifi5 and wifi6. tried to connect the printer to every each one. the same issue on every ap. this is not a network problem. everything worked fine (i have a printer from a preorder). and stopped 11 days ago. it’s pitty because printer has only about 140h print time…

1 Like

the worst support in the world, they are driving me crazy, I am now filing a complaint, after they made me pay the deposit or to collect the other printer and in the meantime send me another one, they have disappeared for 4 days now, and either I have paid 1000 euros and I no longer know where my money went, they are scammers guys don’t buy bambulab printers not so much for the hardware but if you have problems with the printer there is no support, trust me at this moment I am depressed and I feel helpless and my only option is to file a complaint with PayPal to get my money back because the support is no longer available, it seems dead and I’m worried about my money…;:

1 Like

It took them 10 days to help me with my latest ticket.
I know people in this community don’t like it when you mention Prusa but lately I had a problem where I had to wait for just 20 minutes for the chat and then a solution was found within 30 minutes. I really don’t expect the same service from a new company but IMHO 10 days in inacceptable.

1 Like

Well after 15 days they finally responded.

Of course they asked questions for information I already provided in the original ticket. Another 5 days and they sent a , which took another few days to arrive.

It’s working now.

But my bed is still warped, which Bambu says is normal and top surface layers over the warped area still suck.

Overall my experience with Bambu has led this to be a one and done experience.

1 Like

And your better alternative is what?

If I had 7 machines, and if I cared about downtime, I’d have bought at least one spare of everything in advance.

There are third-party solutions to the flat bed problem, but that will admittedly cost you extra. By brute force they will make it as flat as machining tolerances allow.

I’m not defending a poor customer interaction on BBL’s end. Just sayin that if it really matters, you have the power to make them irrelevant.

1 Like

I recently had a support ticket with Bambu and received a reply with the solution in 3 days.

In contrast, I recently had a problem with my Apple Macbook. You would think Apple would have some top notch customer service, especially compared to a small company like Bambu, but in my situation it has been the opposite, Apple’s customer service was so much worse.

My Macbook was getting very hot and the battery was draining, but only when the laptop was closed or shutdown. I went to the Apple “Genius bar” on February 9 and they couldn’t find anything wrong, so told me to contact their phone support so that they could get me to test things to get to the bottom of it. It is now March 26, almost 7 weeks later and I have had barely any correspondance from them and they didn’t get me any closer to a solution. So a few days ago I searched online to see if I could find a solution. I saw posts of people complaining about the problem for a few years but no solution. So I asked ChatGPT, it gave me a few options, the first one sounded the most promising, so I did it. Now my Macbook is running normally again.

This was the first suggestion in its list:

Reset SMC (System Management Controller): This can sometimes resolve issues related to power management and thermal management. To reset the SMC, shut down your MacBook, then press and hold the Shift, Control, Option, and Power keys simultaneously for 10 seconds. Release the keys, then turn on your MacBook and check if the issue persists.

Edit (April 10): The Reset SMC was just a temporary fix, it started happening again a few days later. I didn’t tell Apple Support what I did, the last time I spoke to them, they were supposed to get back to me for next steps. They didn’t contact me for 3 weeks so I had to contact them again today. Still no solution.

1 Like

Its infuriating on how slow support is. I bought my machine in oct, received it in nov, my p1s broke in dec,(toolhead fell off and now it would clear the the error) spent 2 months replacing every board and magnet in the thing, just to send it back 24days. and i haven’t gotten a replay yet. good luck

Honestly I’d probably go back to one of the newer Enders.

When I’m only spending $200 on a printer, I can manage not everything working as it should.

When it’s $1k and I get gaslit by Bambu by receiving a warped bed I’m told is normal, my TH board goes out within 2 weeks, and my #4 spool in the AMS is completely not usable (that Bambu assures me is working as it should), then yeah, I’m going to be one and done.

More issues in 6 weeks owning this printer than in 5 years of an Ender 3 Pro this replaced.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Good luck.

1 Like

I feel like there will always be outliers, Overall I have heard several hundred good reviews, and then these 10 bad ones. There will always be defects. Sometimes things happen, I also know that Bambu Lab made an announcement that they are behind and are working to get caught up and to fix the problem (Many of their workers are off for Chinese New Year). Also, if you’re complaining about price just get the A1 mini. Cheap and works great! Only like 50 dollars more. Personally, I know you can ask support for discount coupons and stuff, someone even got 30% off the A1.

For sure there will be a handful of defective units. I have no doubt that I received a bum unit that is just nonstop problems. The way you can tell how great (or bad) a company is, is how they manage things when they go wrong.

This many issues in less than two months should have been a “we’ll send you a replacement as we don’t think any brand new printer should have issues out of the box.”

Thanks - maybe they’ll still do right by me and send me a replacement after all these issues.

I only wish I’d made the trek to Microcenter to buy there so I could have returned it easy. Oh well.

It takes them forever! They are very slow and low on employees.

People with garbage attitudes also probably don’t get the most prompt responses. Patience and understanding will get you a long way when dealing with any company service department personal.

3 Likes