How many printing hours on your X1C?

3016 hours young. I bought in Dec 2022.
Ive only had 2 issues that required warranty:

1. Control Board fan
  2. Cutter is stuck error, They are replacing my toolhead Boards. I have the V8 boards

Other than that I have been printing pretty much non stop

900 hours, cleaned the rods and lubed the screws once. No printer failures or replaced components. No complaints.

Am I the one printing the most? :slight_smile:
4500 hours now, and counting… ;-D

Since my last post I was battling backlash, so I changed the XY belts (probably not needed), Z belt (definitely not needed), adjusted the Z screws that jumped tooth somehow and did some tramming, then put shims between the toolhead and the top bushing which solved the problem.
Prints as good (or rather better) than new.

I wonder what the projected lifetime of all the components is…

3 Likes

4500 hours! Wow, thats alot :fire::smile:

1 Like

can you make a picture of what you did to the toolhead?

Take a look here: Extruder has play in Y-Axis

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing zviratko, I’m sure many will find that thread useful.

Really happy to see so many hours being positive on the X1C. I just purchased 2 X1C’s with AMS in the last month, and so far doing great, minus one print that consistently fails (exhaust fan mod on overhang). Glad this forum is active!

1 Like

about 2300 hours lots of fails even more successes

So here we go, he is only at 1000 printing hours per printer (total of 3000 hours by 3 printers) but that will certainly change quickly because thise machines have to deliver…

I’m excited to see what happens when he reaches the 5000 hour mark per printer on 9 printers - what in something that is: lightly used.

Finaly I see it like he see`s it, you can really say something after 20,000 printing hours per printer, so a total of 180,000 printing hours by 9 printers.

1 Like

Only replaced the top PTFE line twice now, had to clean out the extruder of gunk, and one fillment cutter. Not bad for a machine that hit 2000+ hours primarily doing ABS and getting cleaned once a week.

3 Likes

dude … sorry for your printer … but this topic is about printing hours not DOA …

I probably have 500 hours on my first X1C and maybe 300 on the second one. I haven’t any major issues with either. I’ve lubricated the lead screws and that’s about it.

We just got a set of 3 to over 1,100 hours, mostly in a two-week period! Nothing but trivial maintenance issues - the AMS not retracting filament once in a while at the end of a print, someone uploading G-code for A1 instead of X1… that kind of thing. Otherwise I’ve been thoroughly impressed with their performance!

2 Likes

I had over 300 hours on mine, and for some reason it now shows it zeroed out after the update.

Did you perform a factory reset?

4 Likes

Another number:

500 printing hours in a month at more than 20 kg of filament.

Recently I read a post where someone said he had the quality of another brand because he prints 50 kg of filament per month. I just read that and didn’t reply. My own thoughts on the statement were just, do you run a printer farm with 2 printers? 50 kg is very close to the private consumption of a private houseowner who gets a little something done…

I often criticize Bambulab, but somehow they impressive me during the last 3 Weeks - I’ve slaved my X1C printer since 2 month and made him work day and night he do not give up - impressiv!

Got mine on 24 September 2023 and have used it for 1504 hours. No issues apart from having to file away a piece of the filament sensor to fix an error when using the AMS.

1 Like

530 on my X1 Carbon.

I got my unit yesterday. So about 4 hours before the print head overheated and let a bunch of horrible smoke out.