How many printing hours on your X1C?

152 hours here. It kept nagging me about lubricating the table, so I finally took a break. :innocent:

You guys must be running old firmware because I had to go a step further to get machine hours.
HEX–>General–>Device Info

about 4 hours until it blew up.

Sorry to hear that. Were you able to get warranty replacement parts?

My Bambu has so far clocked up 1020 hours
And so far without any problems I am very satisfied

1 Like

We have just about 1,600 hours on our X1C, purchased in Jul ‘23.
If it was up to me, I’d have so many more hours…wait, I just retired, I WILL get lots more hours :grin:

1 Like

375 hours in 4 months as a newbie. This printer is flawless (I am not, so usually to blame for any minor issues). It just prints well and quality is amazing. Only needed to grease screws so far and flip PEI plate over…

When you say “flip the PEI plate over” do you mean the plate started having first layer adhesion issues? If that is the case, you need to clean the PEI plate with warm soapy water and try not to touch anywhere but the edges with your hands.

1 Like

Another vote on the 3DLac. I use it on the cool plate and a textured PEI. The PEI rarely gets a full clean and recoat, it works great and no need for messy glue stick. The cool plate needs more fuss with a good clean right back and reapply about every dozen or so prints, more if all the prints are on the same part of the bed.

1 Like

545 hours so far.

1. Trying to use PC filament blows the trip in the house. Was in hospital a while and haven’t contacted Bambu about it yet. Seen other posts where it’s suggested that there is the odd heat bed problem causing the issue with the type of RCD’s thats fitted in European main fuse box’s

2. Has a slipping extruder. Took the extruder apart and it had a fair bit of white filament debris in it. Good clean up and was back to normal. Replaced the cutter blade while I had the old one removed. Had about 300 hours and a lot of multi coloured stuff through it but was really still ok.

3. I can be a bit of an OCD freak so am probably overdoing the maintainance, but as theres not much items on the list anyway….

4. Had a 2 or 3 clogs - down to wet filament, easy sorted and not the machines fault.

5. Had a few AMS filament retraction errors, plenty enough about those on other posts.

About 10 hours so far and enjoying it so far

383 hours. Some issues with CF filament, but all was resolved with help of support. Super happy with my X1C.

3 X1C Combo with 900 to 1000h / unit.

After 900h smal repair needed:

Chamber Fan loud (Bearing) on 1 X1C
Hotend must be replaced on 2 X1C
Golden PEI Plate was to remove
1 Frist Stage AMS was to replace

So all together … WOW

Funny Thing: I Never had to use Glue. But after 900h the PEI Gold Plate did not work as a new one. I tryed the second side which was never in use - but this side also faild. With glue it is not a problem to use a golden pei plate over 1000h

So I am happy at state 1000h / units

1 Like

I had +1000 hours on a textured PEI plate on a big CR10 that ran relatively fast. Worked brilliantly though with it being an open printer, it took regular cleaning. Did use a tiny spray of 3DLac just in case. The ease and reliability is why I bought the textured PEI for the X1C and it’s been great so far.

Not a big issue for me but the way the textured PEI easily releases a print on a cold bed does cancel out the print resume function after a power fail if even a short time has passed.

I have about 80 hours. The first problem, which I did not expect and I have confirmed from bambulab support that it is standard, is the corrugation on the outer surface, mainly when printing PETG at a lower speed. It took me a month to come to terms with it after hours of debugging. Another unpleasant surprise was less dimensional accuracy without tuning than the old MK3S+. I figured out the diagonal inaccuracy of the printer frame with a difference of 2mm. Now the pulley on the Z axis has started to creak loudly. The rear pulley is throwing and is too close to the plastic bottom against which it is grinding. There is still a small thing like the uneven alignment of the belt tensioner. According to support, I should return the printer, but when I packed it according to the instructions, the support has been silent for a week. Support is terrible too and given the option to buy a different machine and brand I would like my money back. So he belongs to the group of disappointed with X1C and the Bambulab company.

The one I use is at my work, purchased last July and I have logged 740 hours of printing. No maintenance apart from lubing the lead screws and checking belt tension.

Had a few extruder jams when I was trying to print polypropylene and a custom filament. apart from that, all good!

Two months old and 627 hours. Feels like this thing is always on! And no major repairs. Just a new hot end.

1366 hours since feb 2023

no major issues, some with my AMS (but i restore them)

2000 hours but in the meantime many problems like clogged nozzle, “abnormal state” messages, underextrusion, blocked AMS etc.

:+1: As a 158+ hrs niche I am glad and grateful to see this, which means I can play with my dear printer for a rather long time without worrying about the lifetime issue :). Your conclusions are really helpful for later users, thanks~

604 hours on my X1C not one problem yet. I got the printer January 1st of this year.
43 Hours on my P1S Combo that I got exactly 7 days ago today. Not one problem with it yet.
463 Hours on my Creality K1 that I got December 1st. (I clearly like my Bambu Lab X1C way more than it haha). Also not one problem with that printer either.