How to change the filament while printing is in progress

Hello, I am using BLB X1 C Combo.How should we change the filament that is about to run out and has the same values when printing. I am currently printing with one color filament and my filament is about to run out.

Well, if you are talking about the X1, when the filament runs out it will prompt you to load a new roll.

That said, some filament rolls shipped with tape holding the filament to the spool core and that tape will get pulled into the AMS (assuming you have one since you don’t say) and jam it. If you have a spool with tape you need to be there to just cut the filament before it gets to the bitter end, let it run out, and it should prompt you.

Even with the tail of the old filament not taped, it’s good to cut that little bent nubbin off instead of letting it go down the tube.

1 Like

Sorry for giving incomplete information. In this case, I will wait for the filament to run out completely and put the other filament after the X1C gives the filament out warning, right?

Yep. Just hints - don’t let it sit too long or the print can cool and shrink a little. Also, roll changes during a print aren’t checked for what the RFID says so if you put the wrong color or even filament type I believe in it will still try to print with it. It may have some safeguards but for my system what I see is put the new roll in, it purges, then prints.

1 Like

Thank you so much for these informations dude. Good to have you my friend!! :hugs:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.