How to Do - Multi Z Offset Settings for Filaments & Bed Plates

1. Click the edit preset for the printer

2. Click the Machine G-code tab

3. Now scroll down and look for this G-code and replace it with the new
    Multi Z Offset Settings G-code

Updated V2 1/26/2024

;==== Multi Z offset settings 3DTech V2 ========
{if (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="PETG-CF" && (curr_bed_type=="High Temp Plate" || curr_bed_type=="Engineering Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{+0.05} ; for PETG-CF and High Temp or Engineering Plate

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="PETG-CF" && (curr_bed_type=="Textured PEI Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{+0.04} ; for PETG-CF and Textured PEI Plate

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="PETG" && (curr_bed_type=="High Temp Plate" || curr_bed_type=="Engineering Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{+0.02} ; for PETG and High Temp Plate or Engineering Plate

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="PETG" && (curr_bed_type=="Textured PEI Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{-0.01} ; for PETG and Textured PEI Plate

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="PLA-CF" && (curr_bed_type=="High Temp Plate" || curr_bed_type=="Engineering Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{+0.03} ; for PLA-CF and High Temp Plate or Engineering Plate

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="PLA-CF" && (curr_bed_type=="Textured PEI Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{-0.01} ; for PLA-CF and Textured PEI Plate	

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="ASA-CF" && (curr_bed_type=="High Temp Plate" || curr_bed_type=="Engineering Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{+0.05} ; for ASA-CF and High Temp Plate or Engineering Plate

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="ASA-CF" && (curr_bed_type=="Textured PEI Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{+0.04} ; for ASA-CF and Textured PEI Plate

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="ASA" && (curr_bed_type=="High Temp Plate" || curr_bed_type=="Engineering Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{+0.01} ; for ASA and High Temp Plate or Engineering Plate

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="ASA" && (curr_bed_type=="Textured PEI Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{-0.03} ; for ASA and Textured PEI Plate	

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="PA-CF" && (curr_bed_type=="High Temp Plate" || curr_bed_type=="Engineering Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{+0.05} ; for PA-CF and High Temp Plate or Engineering Plate

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="PA-CF" && (curr_bed_type=="Textured PEI Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{+0.04} ; for PA-CF and Textured PEI Plate

{elsif (filament_type[initial_no_support_extruder]=="TPU" && (curr_bed_type=="Textured PEI Plate"))}
    G29.1 Z{-0.01} ; for TPU and Textured PEI Plate		

{elsif (curr_bed_type=="Textured PEI Plate")}
    G29.1 Z{-0.04} ; for Textured PEI Plate		
{else}
    G29.1 Z{+0.00} ; for High Temp or Engineering Plate 		
{endif}
  • You can edit the Z heights or change the filament types as needed or add more filaments to the list.

• You can look at the g-code and see the offset added for the plate type and filament type selected.

PETG-CF Multi Z Offset Setting @ .05
Multi Z

ASA Multi Z Offset Setting @ .01
ASA Z

PLA Z Setting @ 0
PLA Z

Let me know how it works out for you.

Happy 3D Printing :smiley:

6 Likes

Great, I had the same idea as you.
In particular I would like to set a lower Z offset when printing PetG on carbon effect type plates. For more grip on the surface. PLA remains well attached, PetG does not.

I want to make sure I understand this.
So adding this to my start G-code will adjust the z offset that the machine auto figures when it does the mesh? Or does this tell the machine exactly what the z offset should be according to the Material Type and Plate?