How to increase initial purge in specific scenario

I have a multi plate project. 99% of the project is printed in black. For one of plates I use 2 colors. I have it set to print the lighter color first and then switch to black.
The problem is that my lighter color is stained with black.
I would like to increase the purge on the lighter color at the start of the print only so that I can reduce the staining. Is there a way to do this?

Kind of like a IF THEN ELSE;
IF not black AND start of print THEN purge XX quantity
ELSE purge normal quantity

I would just increase the flushing volume in the slicer. Once color A has been printed it’ll purge large amount (specified by you) and then continues to the 99% color.

If I understand you correctly, it’s kind of the opposite of what I’m asking. I do not want to increase the flushing between color swops. Just increase the purge if it is the start of the print and color is not black.

The Bambu Placeholder wiki is where I would start.

I don’t think there is placeholder for filament colour but there is a placeholder for “first_flush_volume” which you could probably use in an “if” statement in “Machine start G-code”

You might be able to also use a work around that the light coloured filament would be named something unique so you could use the “initial tool” placeholder to do something like this.

;{if filament_type[initial_tool]==“PLALIGHT”}do_sth{endif}
–use filament id to check the type of the filament, and do something if it is PLA light colour

4 Likes