How to move heatbead to central position

I’m following guidance on the forum for printer head hitting the front of my X1C cabinet every time it does leveling. Less than 4 hours printing, but may have tried printing model that had different machine setting. Now even when I load a step or stl from Fusion 360 it does the bang. I’m concerned about durability with the constant hits.
When I go to the screen for factory reset it says to move the heatbed to central position, which I am assuming is midpoint between bottom and top. Currently it is in the home position. How do I move it?
Steve.

The advice answered my question. During leveling it bangs much softer than before.
Thx.
Steve.

Using the display, second icon down on the left, Temperature/Axis tab:

Pie sections control x/y movement, one or ten steps at a time. The Home icon in the middle is what I’ve used when asked for “central” position. Z-axis movement is controlled with the Bed buttons.

1 Like

They all “bang” the front right corner. This is how this machine determines its end stops. Old bed slinger printers had switches on the X and Y axis to determine the end stop. The printer is robust enough to handle the “bangs”.

As for moving the bed down for doing the factory reset and the bed is too close to the print head (i.e. touching the nozzle tip), turn off the printer, unplug it, tip the printer to a side to expose the bottom. From there you should see the belt system to move the print bed up/down. You can grab the belt and push/pull it to move the print bed up/down.

But if there is already some distance between the nozzle tip and the print bed, you’re OK and you don’t have to manually move the print bed down.

Ikraus - Thanks, I saw “temperature” but overlooked the “Axis”. Going through the reset now.
MrDB42 - I’ve read on line and it seems that not “all” bang. The MicroCenter printer geek says his X1C doesn’t bang. To me a mechanical banging between plastic components and especially with a printer head suspended on a gantry is not a best in class design. In one of the Bambu forums it mentions that printing some files from Makerworld will corrupt the internal settings and cause the bang. I’ll see if the reset works after it completes calibration.
Steve.