How to print from sd card?

I notice a little icon of an sd card in Bambu Studio next to the redo icon. I clicked on it, nothing happens. What is the icon supposed to activate? I guess sending stl to the printer goes over a rain cloud…what is the technique to put files on sd card and insert itno printer? Can I make folders like all windows programs on the sd card and see folders on the lcd? If not what good is it? Why cant I see files on sd card from windows file explorer? Why cant I send files to the installed sd card in the prineter from windows explorer? I just dont understand why this doesn’t function like all connected devices to a lan.

1 Like

Did you ever read the Bambu Wiki for Studio ?Bambu Studio Quick Start Guide | Bambu Lab Wiki

2 Likes

I also don’t get it at all. These printers should have USB ports and / or Ethernet ports like any standard printer. I have one P1S at home and I use the China server cloud to send everything and monitor. But the one I got for work is stone age. I have to pull the tiny SD card and put it in an adapter. Move export from Bambu Studio to the SD card. First time I tried making a new folder and it doesn’t show any folders on the little screen. Wherever you put the files it just lists all of them without folders. But then I put the tiny SD card back in the printer and scroll down on the 4 line screen to the print I hopefully remember what the name is and there isn’t another one similar name. Oh and if you update the 3mf file by overwriting after the printer has already generated the gcode, it won’t generate new gcode unless you delete the old one first. Stupid on me for not holding out for the X1E with ethernet port.

Your response reminds me when I was in 6th grade and asked how to spell a word…response from teacher “Look it up in the dictionary”.

Give a person a fish and they can eat for one day. Teach a person to fish and they can feed themselves for a lifetime.

But seriously, in the slicer you select save to gcode, and then you put the gcode on the SD card, you put the SD card in the printer, and then you use the printer’s menu.

I believe the bambu cloud (currently) runs on Amazon AWS, at least outside of the PRC.

Personally I don’t trust any of them. The most dangerous cloud is your own country’s - or their friends - as they can actually arrest you if you accidentally print a gun or something.

I think that’s only in California, Chicago and New York City. The rest of us have guns already. :rofl:

Maybe I misunderstand exactly which button you are clicking.

Left arrow is undo, reversing your last action.
Right arrow is redo, reverses an undo, nothing happens unless preceded by an undo.

The icon to the left of undo/redo icons represents a 1.44MB floppy disc, the successor to the clay tablet. Used today as a universal symbol for “Save file”.

Clicking it is the same as pressing Ctrl+S, or File>Save Project. I’ve never had it NOT work.

None of these icons have anything to do with the SD card.

You had an excellent 6th grade teacher.
RTFM

1 Like