the beta invite email suggested 3 initial tests:
- one-step print from handy
- print from the website
- rate print profiles according to the print result
ok, i’m aiming for number 3… i see the profiles have been rated by others… but how?!
i can’t find anywhere to click to add a profile review. anyone here know where to look?
Its one the handy app after your print is done.
but how can you add a review later? because i put another print without reviewing the previous one and can’t find how do it now…
There is a button in the handy app.
Oh thanks! I can’t managed to find that but I found the same on the web, good to know both options!
So you need to use Handy app and you must use a pre-sliced profile or you have to upload your profile before. Crazy.
Thanks for the info. I was aware of the other options but not of the first. Can you confirm that downloading a model (maybe only the print profile) from Makerworld and printing it from the Bambu Studio will permit you to evaluate the model afterwards? I didn’t try that, so I would be thankful if you could provide some details.
i’m 99% sure i’ve done it before, but i’ll do it purposely today to verify.
Hi. I am not affirming anything contrary. Sorry if it sounded like that. I am just curious and like to learn. it’s not urgent, but thanks for the help. I will also explore and try it.
i’m struggling on a different part. I can’t seem to upload profiles. I open bambu studio, import my file (be it .3mf or stl), set everything and then go to File - export - export generic .3mf
but once i want to upload it i get this error
“The 3mf file is not generated by Bambu Studio, or the printer selected in the 3mf is not a Bambu Lab printer.”
Nevermind. I had to use “Save project as”
no worries, i didn’t take anything as combative. makerworld works differently than other sites/tools, so despite being pretty confident i was at least a LITTLE unsure.
and now i’ve tested it and it definitely works:
- locate model on makerworld
- click “open in bambu studio”
- modify the profile however you need (i have a P1P and the 3mf seems to ALWAYS default to X1C, so at least a little change is always needed on my side)
- once the print job completes go back to your profile on makerworld
- in your profile, navigate to ‘ratings’ (previously displayed as ‘history & ratings’ as per @OSUVENSE screenshot above)
- you’ll find recently prints listed here, with an option to add your rating to the profile you just printed a moment ago
- click the ‘rate’ button and submit your rating.
i wish there was an easier way to add photos to ratings. maybe something like “fetch a phot from the handy app”, in which i could take a picture and have it available to include here? for now i take a photo, backup to google photos, open google photos website, download, rename, upload… feels like a lot of steps. wonder if i need to scrub EXIF data like location… could be simpler through the handy app anyway.