I broke this... is it important?

I’m not sure what this is. Filament sensor?

The filament was stuck, and when I ‘extracted’ it. I pulled too hard and snapped this little ribbon cable. So I need to order a new part. Can anyone tell me what this is? I’m looking through the parts lists now as well.

Thank you,

All you need is the flat cable. If you submit a ticket, maybe BBL will take pity on you and send you a replacement for free. It’s not going to be a very expensive part.

1 Like

I’ve ordered the filament sensor. It was $6. Now I’m just looking for instructions on replacing it. I really don’t want to break anything else. sigh.

The product page on the store has a link to the wiki which gives full written instructions as well as a video.

6 Likes

Thank you. I was looking specifically for the filament sensor. I didn’t think to look at the whole extruder module. This is fantastic.

Yeah I as surprised at how much I had to pull on the filament when unloading a spool. It’s way more force than I expected.

Is there not an unload option for the A1? On the X1C, if your are removing filament, you first tap unload to reverse the filament before you start pulling.

Yep there is on an A1, that being said I have had one instance where the filament broke in a very weird spot and I could get it to load or unload. Pushing more filament by hand pushed the broken filament just enough to get it to finally load. Then once I had pushed all the bad filament out I used the unload and cleared the issue.
Seeya
M1