I found the best 90C dryer for PAHT-CF and other hot filaments!

Don’t waste your money on fancy dryers designed specifically for filaments. They don’t heat a chamber beyond 70°C. Instead, opt for any food dehydrator available on Amazon. These units can reach temperatures of 80-90°C, boast excellent air circulation thanks to powerful fans, and come equipped with timers that can run for 12 hours or more

Which one do you like the best?

Ha, many of us Chinese players buy dried fruit machines. 28cm in diameter is just right. The one in the picture only costs RMB 55.88 (USD 7.66), and comes with free shipping.

I found about 5-6 models available on Amazon. You need 700-1000W units. Just google for 190F dryer, because some of them have only 165F max temp

I wonder how good the hysteresis is on them. i.e. does it stay locked at the target temperature plus or minus 1 degree, or is it more like a 10C temperature swing? Often times cheap products aren’t very precise. A good example of that is my brand new Rheem natural gas water heater, which has around a 25F hysteresis. I’m shocked at how bad it is for a $1300 tank water heater, and yet it seems fairly typical for that kind of appliance.

I was thinking that too. I really want to get a dryer for my PETG and TPU, but analysis paralysis is firmly in place. I was all but set on the eibos polyphemus, but now I keep seeing mentions of food dehydrators, which makes sense; they’re designed to dehydrate things.

But like you said, I do worry about temp fluctuations and possibly ruining a roll of my precious filament.

1 Like