Don’t waste your money on fancy dryers designed specifically for filaments. They don’t heat a chamber beyond 70°C. Instead, opt for any food dehydrator available on Amazon. These units can reach temperatures of 80-90°C, boast excellent air circulation thanks to powerful fans, and come equipped with timers that can run for 12 hours or more
Which one do you like the best?
I found about 5-6 models available on Amazon. You need 700-1000W units. Just google for 190F dryer, because some of them have only 165F max temp
I wonder how good the hysteresis is on them. i.e. does it stay locked at the target temperature plus or minus 1 degree, or is it more like a 10C temperature swing? Often times cheap products aren’t very precise. A good example of that is my brand new Rheem natural gas water heater, which has around a 25F hysteresis. I’m shocked at how bad it is for a $1300 tank water heater, and yet it seems fairly typical for that kind of appliance.
I was thinking that too. I really want to get a dryer for my PETG and TPU, but analysis paralysis is firmly in place. I was all but set on the eibos polyphemus, but now I keep seeing mentions of food dehydrators, which makes sense; they’re designed to dehydrate things.
But like you said, I do worry about temp fluctuations and possibly ruining a roll of my precious filament.
I tried one of these 94C max metal food dehydrators on amazon and it didn’t last a weekend.
