I have a great idea. 450x450x450!

Hey Bambu Labs!!!,
I have a Bambu X1 Carbon AMS kit and it’s been about a month. I’m super happy with the quality the printer print really fast. The only complaint I have that if I need to print something large then I have to cut it up into pieces then glue it and there’s a lot of post processing.

Wouldn’t it be amazing if I could buy the new *

Bambu Labs X one Carbon XXXL ?

Yes thats right! an XXXL version of the X1 Carbon… Wouldn’t that be amazing?

With a build volume of 450x450x450 there would no longer be a need for anybody to go spend $2000 building a VORON!

I would happily pay C$2000 for an X1 Carbon XXXL

This would also give you guys an opportunity to release a new printer that is just as good as the existing X1, but with upgrades and additional features that are not included in the X1.
(NoCloud Option / Ethernet hardwired option / Better Camera / etc…)

Also, you could offer 0.8 mm tool heads that actually works! …and PROPER .8mm Profiles.

If you guys can build a XXXL version of the X1 carbon that works just as well or better then I think you guys will have cornered the market.

Come on you guys are DJI engineers you should be able to build anything! In my opinion, you guys are right up there with NASA. lol

Goodbye Elegoo/Creality/Fusion3! lol

PS…Please make the X1XXXL backwards compatible with current AMS units :wink:

43 Likes

A born salesman right here. :point_up_2:

:grin:

P.S. But he ain’t wrong.

9 Likes

There are physics to take into consideration here. Adding size means adding mass, which will reduce the speed that the X1X…L of any size larger can run, plus gods know what else may come up.

2 Likes

It will be a CoreXY machine…so 10x the speed of a CR10S MAX

We’re just talking about increasing the size of the machine here.
I would imagine that the the tool head/extruder would be the exact same one they have now.

So, we’re really not adding that much mass. Just making the Aluminum extrusions longer thats all…
I’m oversimplifying it but I think you understand what I’m getting at.

It’s not an engineering miracle. I think it can easily be done.

7 Likes

Those are not CoreXY machines but you are correct.

Creality has released videos on the new K1 and K1 Max - Looks like Bambu lite a fire under their asses…LOL

I’m seriously recommending that you take my idea into consideration. If the cruelty unit the K1 Max, which has a build volume of 300 x 300 x 300 is successful it may take market share.

I think at this point, the largest build volume for the most affordable price will win the game.

4 Likes

I will politely disagree with that opinion. Price and build volume aren’t the only thing. Ease of use and reliability are far more important for Joe Average then build volume. And having been the first to make a name is always a plus.

I would rather wait a year to have a well worked out machine with a smaller build volume then have a big build volume now for a machine I constantly have to work on to get decent results. And Creality has not the best track record on delivering on quality.

That sad, a bigger printer would be welcome, and I think it will come one day, but increasing size will have side effects, stiffness will suffer and it will increase cost to compensate. Or you give up on reliability and print quality or speed.

2 Likes

Two weeks ago, I did not know much about printing. And when buying a printer, the build volume was the main criteria. I did not care much about anything else. It is true that I did not do much of a research - just needed some part to be printed which I couldn’t buy anywhere.

That is why I bought Kobra MAX. But few days after fiddling with it, I was already searching for something more reliable, that can produce quality without fiddling and Bambu was perfect choice.

So, when it comes to selling units - build volume is def (one of) most important marketing features.

3 Likes

It would depend on the user, and the vast majority of FDM printer people are building small toy like things. Very few comparatively large item prints other than cosplay.

Even mechanical use items (me) rarely exceed 3/4 of the build plate. Mass production of one thing and I’ll fill the build plate and wish I had more room, but I have to make 2 or more runs so it’s really not saving me anything. 2 12 hour prints or 1 24 hour print.

I appreciate your input and respect your perspective. However, I respectfully disagree with your assumptions that increasing the size of the printer will lead to the issues you have listed.

It is worth noting that there are already companies, such as Creality and Fusion3, who have released and been successful with larger coreXY printers, and the Voron can also be built in any size and are fast and reliable.

Considering Bambu’s expertise and capabilities, it is possible that they could design a robust and reliable printer with a build volume of 450 x 450 x 450.

It wouldn’t be surprising if they are already working on such a design.

3 Likes

I never claimed it would not be possible, I just said you have to cut corners.
A higher build volume always means your have to either spend more money or cut corners and make compromises. You cannot cheat physics.

A Voron with 450x450 is surely be possible, as would a Bambu Lab printer would be, but a Voron with 450x450 will be a more expensive, slower Voron then one build for 250x250. And if you do not compromise on speed, you have to compromise on quality. If you just scale up the components without reinventing the wheel, it is inevitable, its physics. Of cause you can change the design, used better motors, stiffer rods, lighter materials like magnesium to compensate, but it will add costs.

1 Like

For me personally only the Y-axis has to be extended. For Example a Printer with 256x450x256mm for example. Most of the Parts that I am printing are need to be long in one direction.

This has the benefit, that the X-Axis can be exactly the same. Only the Steel Rods, houseing, belts and a bit of Software have to be adapted.

Regards Dennis

4 Likes

Indeed, as Creality with K1 Max and Prusa with XL go larger, I could see a P1P and/or X1(C) XL too in the near future.

2 Likes

why not 900x900x900?

Welcome stoopedwin
Indeed. But then your target audience and competition changes…
Moving to industrial territory…

Example…
The BigRep ONE is an award-winning, large-format 3D printer at an accessible price point. With over 350 systems installed worldwide, it’s a trusted tool of designers, innovators, and manufacturers alike. Featuring a massive one-cubic-meter build volume , the fast and reliable ONE brings your designs to life in full scale.

1 Like

Well, affordable depending on a perspective. It costs about 50k.

2 Likes

because a normal desk / Sideboard have 450 - 650mm :wink:

2 Likes

We want a XXL X1C !! :heart:

3 Likes

The X1CV2XXXL

Hahaha

I’d like to preorder one or two of these XL models… hurry up Bambu!

2 Likes

是的,我也需要一个加长版的X1L,Y轴加高就好了,元器件可以共用,不会增加额外的研发成本,250x250x500,完美!

1 Like