I'm looking at 2 different brands to use instead bambu pla basic sunlu & elegoo

I’m looking at 2 different brands to use instead bambu pla basic sunlu pla &elegoo pla basic

if I buy either brand in bulk like 4 to 6 spools , get better price than bambu like others have said i have read.

for me as i use pla basic only at moment . its important any refills from sunlu or elegoo fit the ams lite system and no windup up issues like filement winded wrong on refill causing issues .

both work out same price wise in refills. any difference in quality and printing compared to bambu pla basic. thanks in advance :+1:

I have not tried Sunlu’s PLA only their PETG. I have had good results with their PETG.

I have used a significant amount of Elegoo PLA and really like it. My only complaint is it came on cardboard spools which I do not like. I think you can buy Elegoo ‘refills’ that fit on Bambu spools now.

These days, I have a hard time finding any brand that make bad filament. Even The odd amazon ones that ive never heard of, still work great after drying.

Seems elegoo PLA is good from what I read. I think order refill of each and try out . See how I get on . Currently I use mostly PLA but thinking of getting a petg filement from bambú as I have to order few bambú parts as spares to try out and see how I get on . Looking at getting another plate . maybe bambú cool plate super tack .as I’m in EU . think both brands come a warehouse in Germany

Good to have a backup brand ..I might one of each and try out and maybe a spool of petg bambú filement to see how I get on

I have had good experience with both Elegoo and Sunlu filaments of several varieties including PLA.

Recently I found the MarsWork brand sold on Amazon and I will swear up and down that it comes off the same manufacturing line as Bambu PLA Basic. Color and print quality are indistinguishable.

I have used many brands but mostly Bambu and Sunlu. As mentioned, I say away from paper spools because they generally don’t spin well in the ams. It is best to buy Bambu in bulk if you need to keep the price as low as possible. I would suggest you look at eSun or Tecbears for low prices. like 10 dollars a spool.

I have dozens of SUNLU PLA spools, with additional dozens that have been used. Works great. Majority of them will come on the 3rd Gen Reusable Plastic spools, unless you specifically purchase the refills.

Never had a single issue with SUNLUs spool winding (funny enough… the one (singular) time I’ve run into that issue was with a creality PETG… ).

My wife has found a way to get many of our SUNLU PLA spools for $5 per kg or less through TEMU… however, YMMV, and if you are dependent on reliable delivery windows, I can’t recommend using that method.

Thanks very much for your help and advice. I order a couple of sunlu PLA and see how it goes. Thanks again

I order a couple of sunlu PLA filement and see how I get on. Thanks very much for your help and advice. All a learning curve

Good luck!

The PLA+ filaments from SUNLU are particularly nice as well, if you decide you like their standard PLA.

I order some sunlu PLA filement and see how I get on with it ,then I might order some elegoo PLA too and try . So many brands out there . Normally I order 4 to 6 refills of bumbu PLA and been good so far . Thanks for your help and advice :+1:

Saw few reviews about sunlu PLA plus which were good. I order a spool and try out. Still new to all this 3d printing. Thanks for help

sunlu pla 2 will print with the same settings as bambu pla. i stick bambu rfids on them

one of the esun ones does as well but i dint remember which

Buy the $5 per kilo spools from Taobao if you like gambling.

Good idea about using bambú RFID tags .

Both SUNLU and ELEGOO PLA Basic are generally good alternatives to Bambu PLA Basic, especially if you’re buying several rolls. Be more concerned about the specific refill/spool setup than print quality, make sure the refill is wound tightly and evenly, since a badly wound roll can cause AMS Lite feeding problems. For PLA Basic prints, you probably won’t notice a huge difference once the filament profile is dialed in. If the price is similar, buy a single spool of each first and run the same test print before committing to 4-6 rolls.

Good idea.thank you . Was looking at ordering a pla basic roll of each as refills so I can use bambú spools .I keep looking at reviews of each .some have sunlu better quality and price and some say elegoo better . Looked a few YouTube vids showing how to setup on bambú studio. Can use generic profile and another YouTuber used bambu pls profile and generic profile and similar results . As long as either perform as good as bambú pla basic I be happy. I see some have got issues with AMS lite with each brand with spool not winded correctly. Can happen. I try each .get a refill of each off Amazon and see .which ever works out better I go with. I was debating will I get different brand or not .thanks for help and advice :+1:

Updating my post: MarsWork prices just jumped up by $5/roll on Amazon. Possibly it’s a temporary increase so they can advertise “low” prices for Labor Day Weekend sales here in the US. But if this is their new normal price, then it’s no longer a great deal; costs the same to order from Bambu Lab, plus, working RFID for AMS.

(Also, I think they must have stopped paying Amazon bribe money or something, because they don’t appear in the list of brands in the filter sidebar anymore. Amazon is such an extortionate place to sell through. But the return policy works in my favor, so here I am perpetuating the system…)

edit: Also, they are out of a lot of colors. Maybe it’s algorithmic price raising based on limited supply?

Thank you very much for your update and help. I looked at Mar work after mention the brand and saw prices as you said.i order a refill from sunlu and elegoo to try out. Elegoo worked 1.50 euros cheaper that sunlu which is not much but both cheaper than bambú . Shipping time wise . Both elegoo and sunlu are 1 working day shorter with for delivery. There is another brand esun but need to check reviews how they are . . Thanks very much for your help and advice.