I'm missing something about the print profile voting

For some time now, I’ve been receiving 1-2-3 star ratings on print profiles from users whose nicknames usually resemble the Rosetta Stone more than a real name, with no content of any kind, avatar, or anything else, accompanied by comments like ‘It’s not a design problem but mine,’ ‘I had an adhesion issue with the build plate,’ ‘It’s my fault, not the design’s.’ So, since I’ve never experienced a failed print from MakerWorld so far, I’d like to understand a few things:

• Is a poor rating automatically assigned by Bambu Studio if the print fails?
  • What criteria do people use to rate print profiles?
  • If you’re not able to use a 3D printer, why did you buy one? (sarcasm)
  • Why, when I ask for explanations about a low rating on a model that has been downloaded and printed hundreds of times with great ratings from other users, do I get responses like ‘Everything was perfect! (Here’s a one-star rating for you)’?
  • Why are ratings on print profiles sometimes shown in notifications but not on MakerWorld?
1 Like

If the print the fails the rating is capped to 3 stars max.

People do strange stuff. I also got some ratings in that vain :

• Perfect! 3 stars
  • or people rating the model instead of the print profile.

I didn’t noticed that.

That being said, those kind of ratings can be reported and removed easily.

1 Like

Well, maybe this thing about limiting the rating to 3 stars if the print fails should be reconsidered. It’s not fair; it could be a user issue, so why should I be penalized for it?

1 Like

I understand you point of view but I also understand why BL does it that way.

The most important issue to me, is that those low ratings are often useless to us because there is no description that explains what happened.

But hopefully that will change with the yesterday update

1 Like

I understand what you mean. I can only give three stars for some models because it seems like the print went wrong, but it didn’t. I successfully printed one part twice and still couldn’t give more than three stars.

2 Likes

:pensive: I think that BL should really review this step in its software, in my opinion it is not right that the designer is penalized for a problem of the user or the material.

5 Likes

It has to be someone’s fault, and it’s better if it’s someone else’s.

1 Like

Wait until you get low ratings from a bad print and the user expects you to troubleshoot their printer issues. You can get sucked into being tech support and stuck with it until they get a good print or give up.

The rating is not created for the user automatically, the user chooses to create the rating. It is on the user if they rate it poorly because they don’t know what they are doing. That is why you can report them and have them removed. But I don’t usually bother, I try to help them. Sometimes they increase the rating, sometimes you never hear from them again.