Improve support interface

Moving over from Cura and a creality printer, there is one thing I haven’t managed to nail on my P1S - supports

I don’t use them often but when I do they never remove properly

In Cura I used to have an interface layer that allowed pretty easy removal (almost like a raft in the middle)

Am I missing a setting? Is there a way to make this better?

Thanks

These articles are a good starting place if you haven’t read them:

PETG also makes good support for PLA (and vice versa), and is cheaper than the special PLA Support material. Here’s a discussion on the topic but there are many threads on it her in the Bambu Lab Community Forum:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/comments/16732yt/how_do_i_use_the_support_for_pla_in_bambu_studios/

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m not really interested in using a different material for support, or at least not would rather avoid it
I think increasing the spacing made it a bit better but I’m going to have to play with the settings. The standard settings are not good - I seem to end up with the worst of both worlds, stringing from “bridging” and supports that won’t budge easily

This is the only area that my P1S is inferior than my Ender and I’m sure it’s solvable in software, but there simply don’t seem to be good guides

Let me clarify… the same material is used for support as the part. Just a different material is used for an interface/release layer between the support and part. This minimises material swapping and purge wastage.