Improve the way the prime tower works

Currently the prime tower is defined in the printer settings/definition as excluded area. It is always there regardless of whether you are using the AMS and multiple filaments. When single color printing the prime tower is not used or necessary.

In addition the default print settings in the other tab have prime tower enabled.

My suggestions are:

1. In bambu studio if only one color of filament is specified then have prime tower disabled.
  2. somehow make it explicit that the exclusion area in the printer settings is for the prime tower so that bambu studio can ignore that setting when arranging items on the plate.
    Get rid of the
    error.

My suggestions are based on the prime tower being used to generate the GCode and there not being an special code in the firmware for it.

Let me ask you this, is the prime tower only needed for color change and could I disable if only using PETG for the interface ?, as this is purged down the shoot?
using PETG as an interface works amazing, however, the tower is destroyed.

The “exclusion area” is not for the prime tower. It’s used for a few technical functions of the printer like filament cutting and Z-hopping. The exclusion area is at the left front of the bed.

The prime tower isn’t created on one-color prints and on a multicolor print you can move it around or disable it.

1 Like