Intermittent network connection, Cloud is flaky, Overwhelmed servers

Cloud service reports Everything is fine but neither handy or the studio application can connect to the cloud. The printers keeps messaging intermittently about connected to network and not connected to network.

This is very much unacceptable for such a expensive piece of equipment… This cloud solution HAVE to go - this is ridicolous that everthing has to pass thru the cloud service.

The printer is obviously based on similar solutions like octoprint and klipper - there is literally no need for passing video, files and lidar data through to the cloud for every print.

In 24 hours the printer has generated 22Gbs of data… - GIGS… that is ludicrous…

1 Like

Same problem here. Cannot connect to anything: right now it is a very large expensive paperweight!

1 Like

Ok, so it’s not my printer.
Like you I checked statuses and “everything’s fine” when clearly it’s not.
Spent 30 mins troubleshooting network even though printer was connected after checking the status.

1 Like

A Monitoring Site on the Bambulab Website and the QR Code Documentation Website of network problem QR Code on the Printer would be nice to healthcheck the Cloudservices. For easy Implement “Kuma” Monitoring can used.

So Users can see fast the Problem and no need to spend much time in Networkchecks.

You can switch to LAN Only mode - that is working OK for me atm. I agree that Cloud needs to go - they are doing nothing with it that justifies the inevitable issues that it brings. I think I will be sticking with LAN Only in future - only issue with that is that Orca cannot see the camera in LAN mode.

Orca is still based on Studio 1.6 (or 1.5?), which did not support the camera in LAN-only mode. I am hoping Orca will be updated in the near future, though probably not in the next release.

Meanwhile, you can use Orca for slicing/printing and also run Studio 1.7 to use the camera.

Cloud server Dead !!! Binding impossible…

Yup, that is what I am doing currently - they do not seem to interfere with each other. Only had the X1C a couple of weeks, so I’m calibrating a load of old filament and Orca comes in handy for that - and it saves the K-value in the filament profile, unlike Bambu Studio where it is unaccountably kept in a separate “K-value” profile. As you say, hopefully Orca will upgrade to enable access to the camera.