Introducing Bambu Lab A1 mini - A colorful gateway to 3D printing

Bambu bus is as to my knowledge the connector of the new ams Light.
There are two of those in the new printer but only one gets used (as of now)

They just released the A1 mini. So if they would release something else, I would expect it to be an A1, without the mini. But why would they cannibalize their existing products that much? Also, how would they differentiate it from the P1?

The “Bambu-bus” listing also caught my eye. I checked the X1 series specs and to my surprise “bambu-bus” is also listed there. Not sure what to make of this and whether it’s anything useful…

I placed my order for a P1S with AMS last week, which was a bit risky knowing this announcement was coming. I am now relieved as the A1 doesn’t tick the same boxes, and the P1S is still an awesome machine. It would be nice to see the noise cancelling and the hot end quick swap become available as an upgrade, but I’m not holding my breath. Welcome to all the new people this model brings in to the world of multi filament printing.

…showing us the boxes at the door. Yes !

Hm… maybe an good thing for enter the 3d Printing area :slight_smile: but sadly nothing for me, i was in the hope for an bigger x1c :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will the A1 only only work via the Handy App over the cloud or will it be useable via the Bambu Studio App?

Both. Existing youtube reviews show using it with Bambu Studio.

Thank you I was checking through the manual on the Wiki and found no reference to the A1 working with Bambu Studio, will take a look at the Youtube reviews.

Great adition to the Bambu line-up!

But will the lamp en mouse project gifts be sold in the shop anytime soon?

That bed shaker design with 1 Z axis support likely limits the mass of the bed assembly.
It might be at or near the limit at 180x180

I LOVE my X1C however, I have to admit I’m a bit disappointed with this announcement. Like many others, I was hoping for a larger print bed. Oh well, a girl can dream!

1 Like

I just want to be able to put that print head on my P1P and have multiple colors without the pain of the AMS.

1 Like

Has had some good reviews. Bambu Lab is u[setting the apple cart again. The whole setup with AMS ls still over $100 less than a PrusaMini, and with more features. One reviewer claimed he thinks it’s the first bed slinger to turn 3D printers from a hobby to something everyone can do. When he pointed out the AMS lite still reads the RFID tags, so people don’t have to worry about setting up correct parameters for filament, that reinforced it being a printer for the masses. Heck it’s one my wife would use if she didn’t have me to print stuff for her.

As for all the whining and mooaning about not seeing some of the features being released for big printers. Geez people, get a life.

First you introduce new features in a new device, then you give it a couple of months to see if there are any improvements that can be made from feeedback from widespread use, THEN you adapt updates to other models, or release updated models with the new features.

Show me another manufacturer that has released a brand new printer model with updated features and then made ALL of the updates available for the older models. Hasn’t happened. Sheesh.

AND for those wanting a larger Core XY, it sales of this takes off like some people think it should, imagine the funding that will give for development of the bigger printers. Seems like everyone has tunnel vision. This was a SMART move on Bambu Lab’s part.

Want a larger printer? New features? Retro fit updates? Well that takes this silly thing called capital. Instead of complaining, talk to friends about the Mini that don’t have 3D printers, and have thought about giving it a try, and then recommend it to them. You’ll be helping yourself in the long run, not just BL. Some good points mentioned in here

3 Likes

When Quietman forgoes his namesake, PS

we can still complain about what we want them to make, its still a free society in most of the world, still?No?

1 Like

I too would love a larger print bed/print volume. I also ordered the A1 Mini - Combo to primarily free up my 2 X1-C’s. If I get the results I expect I will probably order a plain jane a1-mini for my 10 year old son to utilize in his room.

:raised_hands:

In my experience, which doesn’t always have to be right, they lose interest after 10 minutes and want something ready to play out of the box from smythstoys. And if not, work with him on the X1C and don’t let him be the guinea pig on something that hasn’t been proven for at least a year. 250°C nozzles may not belong in a child’s room unattended… If it costs more than 200 USD for a 10 years old, he will be probably be interesstet on a smart watch or iPhone, Children usually don’t want the same things their fathers want for them and you have to accept that ;-).

IPhone, an interesting link. Windows hated mobile phones for a year - then they didn’t focus on their strengths and iPhone crushed them, which for me ended up with better Android phones.

1 Like

It’s kind’a interesting to see the reactions, notably the relatively few “I ordered one”. If Bambu had introduced what many people were wishing for on this forum there would have been dozens and dozens such posts. I think this is a good thing for Bambu 'cause it means the A1 is targeting a very different audience and is therefore positioned to increase Bambu’s market share and bring in new customers.

What I felt as a let-down with the announcement is that due to the multiple teases it appeared that they were introducing new features at the top end as well, whether upgrades or a new printer, and that didn’t happen. But in hindsight it was unreasonable to expect a relatively small company to introduce several new products all at once.

1 Like

Hi Quiedman,

Not really a quote from you but I understand your surprise. I’m very surprised too.

I’m grateful that my wife doesn’t want anything that comes from Gucci or Prada. It’s so likely that she’ll start 3D printing that I’ll start cooking and not go to the restaurant if she can’t. To clicks on “reprint” on an X1C is as normal as I need to putt dishes in the dishwasher… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If I know one thing: A womens should always speak for there selfs and men should never talk about womens, anything else is too dangerous. And if a lady wants to print 3D, It will by very likely that she wants an X1C as well and will marry a cook… If they still want, the A1 casts a shadow over the X1C as well as the P1S with it`s 4 USD LCD. People don’t start 3D printing because it’s easy, they start because it interests them and it doesn’t matter if it a male or female. :wink:

I really don`t know to how this new printer is addressed - We’ll see and, wait and relax :wink:

The A1 is pretty much exactly what my co-worker was looking for. I told him it came out and an hour later he had a pre-order placed for one. He just wanted a printer he could do some fast and/or multicolor prints on for his kids but couldn’t justify the cost of a P1 or X1. I agree it was a really good positioning decision to get more people using Bambu printers. Not everyone has $1000+ laying around to drop on a printer. I was hoping for something more I could add to my own X1 as well, but the A1 just makes more sense. That stuff will come in time, and I’m here for it when it does.

1 Like