Introducing Bambu PVA

Yes, well even worse than that they don’t sell it in 1.75mm diameter! But you are nonetheless right, the BBL version, if (?) it is the same, is a real bargain by comparison.

An ETA for Eu please ? I would love to’test it .

Personally, I wouldn’t want to try this. PVA is extremely temp sensitive. If you go to high, you run the risk of gumming up the hot end or if you let it sit in the hot end too long at printing temps it can gum up. Changing temps (going from ABS nozzle temps to PVA, or vise versa) with a sensitive filament like PVA is dancing with problems. That said I do trust the BBL temp tuning to get the temps right, but I just wouldn’t want to risk it for something that’s so easy to do. Not to mention you are paying a premium to let the printer lay the layer for you as this stuff is a little more expensive.

Anyone able to get the PVA detected? Every time I try to load it… it is not detected by the ams. I am fairly new (2 days) to bambu / x1C

Try to turn off the printer and turn it back on.
If that doesnt help, logout from your account on the printer and turn off the printer. Turn it back on and login to you account again.
Hopefully one of these 2 suggestions help.

I’d check to make sure the X1C and AMS firmware is up to date, also check you’re on the current version of Bambu Studio. I only suggest this because the Bambu PVA filament is new and your AMS might not know what the new RFID tag is for the PVA spool if it’s on older firmware. Having Bambu Studio up to date means you will have the new print profile for the PVA. :slight_smile:

Is more than likely just plain PVA, like the Bambu Lab stuff is. It’s been available for ages, people seem to get super excited because bambu puts it on their own spool and charge double.

my only concern with water soluble is how do you get the water out of your final print? If I ever use water to clean a print I always get some penetration of the PLA.

I have had terrible results with Bambu PVA in my AMS. The filament keeps breaking, I get either can’t feed or can’t retracts. I’ve dried it well — no problems printing, but I just can’t keep the job running. Sometimes there are two breaks inside the PTFE tube. I don’t have the faintest idea how to get this stuff to work

Well, the breaking problem went away after a couple layers of the PVA filament were unrolled. More wasted than the print used.

1 Like

My mate has just got a roll of this for some complex printing he’s doing. will be interesting to see how well it performs but also if it effects the other materials after dumping them in water for a short while.

I can just imagine trying to clean all the residue out of an AMS from even a slightly damp roll!!

I’d be mega drying and bag storing it before / after every print!!

Great having more options and possibilities though and worth the effort.

1 Like