Introducing MakerLab - PrintMon Maker!

Introducing MakerLab - PrintMon Maker!

With this AI modeling tool, you can generate adorable creatures from text or images, ready for 3D printing.

Join our beta test and bring your imagination to life.

3 Likes

I entered. If I don’t have to take a photo to make it perfect 100 times over, I’m all for this.

If I need a multi thousand dollar camera and the perfect photo studio to make it work I’m okay with free Open source Blender.

But hey I’ll give it a try before completely shutting it down.

What I am liking here is that color is not just bitmap that Is layered on top.

Curious to see the output! This might speed up my modeling process.

Is this the same thing?

I can’t seem to use the paint bucket. Coloring it otherwise is not worth the effort.

It creates a model with textuures .GLB, but studio will not open it.

Hopefully this is better than that, since that Tripo service is mostly useless for 3d printing as all the colors and details are in the material image, which isn’t 3d printable. So you just end up with a low detail, single color model.

It assigns the colors to the 3d print, so you don’t have to do that and if I remember correctly, you can choose how many colors it can use (like 4 or 8).

I’ve been using this for about 2 weeks. It’s not 100% perfect yet. The models it generates are much better than anything else I’ve tried to use though.

If I were to give my best description of it, I’d say it gives you a 90% head start on model creation. There is still plenty to fix after it generates.

I believe this could be great if the models it generates when it’s out of beta will actually be ready to print. Can’t wait to see the final product.