Ironing X1C

Hi everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m having an issue with ironing. Everything used to work perfectly, but now I just can’t get a smooth finish anymore.

Here’s what I’ve already tried:

  • Updated Bambu Studio and the printer firmware

  • Replaced the nozzle

  • Fully recalibrated the printer

  • Recalibrated the filament flow rate

  • Adjusted the ironing settings

  • Performed maintenance on the printer

  • Tested two different filaments PLA

The problem is still the same, although it’s a little less noticeable with the pink filament.

I created the model myself in Blender.

I’m running out of ideas… If anyone has any suggestions or settings I could try, I’d really appreciate your help!

Would you be able to post your 3MF for this print so we can see your settings?

When did it last work properly, and have you done any Bambu Studio or printer firmware updates since then?

Thank you for your reply!

I don’t think the issue is related to the 3MF file, as I’m experiencing the same problem with all my models whenever I enable ironing.

I’ve already performed an Ironing Calibration and applied the speed and flow rate settings that gave the best results for my printer.

When I run a test on a simple square, the result is fairly good, although the surface looks dull. However, as soon as I print a slightly more complex model, like the one shown in the photo, the ironing result is a complete disaster.

The problem started after I hadn’t used my printer for about two months. When I turned it back on, I updated both the printer firmware and Bambu Studio. That’s when the ironing issues began.

I then tried rolling back to the previous versions of both the firmware and Bambu Studio, but unfortunately, the problem persisted.

What I find most confusing is that ironing used to work perfectly before, without any issues at all.

I really don’t understand what could have changed, and I’m running out of ideas on what to try to get back to the print quality I had before.

In that list you don’t mention drying filament. As water content increases, some things get problematic and one is ironing.

Since the printer sat for two months, how do you store your filament? Any precautions to prevent water pickup?

Yes, I thought about that too, but I’ve tested several different filaments and I’m still experiencing exactly the same problem.

Also, I don’t have any stringing issues, which makes me think that moisture might not be the cause.

On top of that, it was the middle of summer, and the humidity level inside my house was very low, so I don’t think the filaments were exposed to much moisture.