"Irrelevant Contest Models = Removed & 50 point deduction"

[Updated 4/18/2024]

• I wanted to give thanks to all the hard workers @MakerWorld that continue developing and implementing designer feedback to create a one-of-a-kind platform. I tagged the answer from them relating to the [original topic] as the solution.
  • Regarding Protospyre’s recent expressed opinions on the latest MW update to rewards, we apologize to anyone we might’ve under valued or disputed with over the forums. It’s not professional and that doesn’t reflect what our team is about. As well here’s a big shout out to all of the designers [featured, most liked, trending, most downloaded] Thank You for taking your time and creating beautiful models. We can only continue to strive within our company, but will make sure to scan MW for those who deserve that extra “boost” weekly! We also thank @Wcad00 for his astonishing [BatWing] - That deserved our first boost hands down. Happy Printing

[Updated 4/4/2024]

• I’ve entered the “Filament Purge Contest” and yet still continue to see models gain progression in likes/downloads even when it doesn’t pertain to the contest details or follows the rules stated.
  • Noticing high ranked & verified “Designers” are entered and even though it also might not contain the properties required for the contest, due to having a large following though they seem to not be targeted for submitting models that don’t qualify… Very discouraging to everyone when someone with a green badge and thousands of likes plus multiple contest wins are trending yet again & again. Highly suggest leveling the playing field more by creating a “Verified Designer” Only contest so they compete against each other versus overshadowing others who could be just as good with their models but don’t have such high numbers… some food for thought.

[Original Post]
So I noticed for quite sometime that there’s people uploading models to the contests in order to gain popularity/views from being the front page of contest uploads.

Today’s the first time I’ve looked at the rules since I’m going to enter my first contest (Poop Model Contest) and I see it’s stated that irrelevant model uploads will be removed and deducted -50 points. Is this new? or is this something that’s been apart of contests but apparently I’m witnessing it not be enforced?

Thanks everyone

Short answer: this is new. There is a forum thread about this. They wanted to apply this for a previous contest already but iirc then agreed to announce this first in the rules before enforcing it.

1 Like

Okay awesome!, yeah the easter contest had me questioning even entering the future ones because of all the irrelevant models I seen… I know dang well some people will still enter regardless of the -50 points…

Funny to think of setting aside a marketing budget for models and paying the fine.

2 Likes

I see several models already in the filament poop contest that will be earning that -50

2 Likes

Ok, so throw some poop in your pictures and you are ok to post in the contest??? LOL

3 Likes

I just seen this not to long ago lmao, I will admit to reporting this individual btw

Thermomix Penholder TM6 by Bastelstuebchen123 - MakerWorld lol that one too is pretty good

Give him credit, it may be smuggled in - i am not even mad for the picture :rofl:.

1 Like

hahahha
that got me there

Man, some of those aren’t even poops. They look like supports. I didn’t even think to sprinkle poops over one of my existing models :rofl:

lmfao :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

Literally zero effort besides the time of taking the photo and uploading and tossing in the poop from printing the model…

what a winner!

1 Like

I didnt see anyone do a birdnest out of it yet meaby i should just throw a bunch of poop and call it a day. Name title would be bird nest :rofl:

Makes me think of all the people that complain about having to take a picture of their prints. Hehe.

They just haven’t learned how to scatter poop around in blender yet though. Super simple, but we should probably keep that hush hush :shushing_face: :shushing_face:

2 Likes

I released my “First” Entry… then when uploading I noticed multiple already done of course. Should of known maracas would’ve been a hit…

Going for a simple “Second” entry lol … Going to be a cool little display for poops… has some room to expand onto as well.

I’m surprised there’s not more entries that are poop purge into object, objects. I recall awhile ago a guy that did a coffee cable like that. I have no idea what I’d do for a contest as such, but I was thinking along those lines.

One of my personal for me projects is a building set with beams and all that. All the internal structure could be print purge objects, since it’d be covered up by the exterior. The exterior uses multi-color printing too, do they could be printed side by side, with the purge from the exterior building the pieces for the interior.

I’m not much of a contest person, but it does get me thinking about things. I think there should be more highlighting of the ideas of purge objects, especially ones that can be used to build bigger things.

2 Likes

personally I really dont like this model and dont think that purge towers will always match in size the model you actually have

sorry for pushing an old thread but I don’t want to create another one as the topic matches somehow.

first of all I’m an active member of the community (MW & Forum) and know all the rules and the clarifications which were made by MW.

this morning I wanted to check my standing of my model as I was climbing up to the top 10 in the ongoing car-cabin contest. I’m talking about this one here:

…and yes - I know the contest is cabin related and my model isn’t directly. I was totally aware of that and stated in my models text why I think it should participate in the contest as it’s car related and with my clarification “car-cabin-related” (MW once said clarifications should be made when having discutable models).

…so - to come back to the topic - my model is no more shown in the contest. I’m o.k. with that. there was even no 50 points punishment for me. BUT - I would like to know that something happened. there was NO system message, NO clarification! Please @MakerWorld → whenever you sue a model like this → please notify the designer!

…and do me a favour → just only do not act on single reportings. when you remove a model from the top ten - then also remove all the others around that ranking position because there are at least three more models which are also not cabin related

3 Likes

This is sad to hear unfortunately… But this also was going to be a very flooded contest due to the nature of what it consists of so it’s safe to assume there was going to be a lot of “car” related models entered. Although I do love the design and it’s seemed to have done/doing great!

I literally was just looking at the “Filament Purge” Contest and was VERY disheartened seeing a notable designer taking advantage of contest. I know all I did was create a simple “maraca” but I went into detail and made it very professional and sleek at least but apparently even simpler ones are doing much better which that’s completely fine since I honestly had no hopes of winning and probably wont enter another contest until rules and regulations are actually enforced by humans or improved AI scripts…

This individual “Verified” designer uploaded a model that has zero use of purged waste. Yet even when the model doesn’t follow any of the rules even where it states to clarify it’s warrant, the model has gained trending which is overshadowing newer real conforming entries… This is basically the designer “refreshing” an upload by entering a contest it somehow related to and is gaining further likes and downloads in return earning more points when it’s been originally released MONTHS AGO…

So after seeing this I’ve definitely set my mind to MakerWorld becoming a full competition and not a land of being united makers what so ever… its just headhunting and being taken full advantage of right now in it’s “Beta”…

very very sad