Is Bambu TPU 95A HF microwave safe?

Is Bambu TPU 95A HF microwave safe? No contact with food directly; fumes safe? Plan is to use as an under plate tpu pad.

I haven’t tried, but I would doubt it would be safe, and It’ll most probably melt…

1 Like

The TPU itself may not melt due to the microwaves, the item being microwaved being hot is going to be the issue in my opinion. In a controlled manner you may be ok, but if its for general public use you’ll find people sending it off the scale.

also is it FOOD SAFE ? to make chocolate molds with it

• Microwave safe - no. Microwave safety needs certification. In general, the polymer needs to ensure the passage of microwave radiation and not leak chemicals. TPU seems (requires a double check) to be mostly transparent to electromagnetic radiation, yet I am uncertain about the filament content and molecule organisation after print.
    There are, however, research experiments with TPU in a microwave, e.g. making foam. You need to add a filler to ensure radiation absorption.

• Food safe - no. A food-safe material has to be classified as it. In 3D printing, it may also impose restriction in the nozzle material, etc.
    You may try to apply food-safe sealings—I have never used one, so I cannot provide you with many details.

A heat gun or oven (not the one you use for cooking) seems more manageable.

1 Like