Is Handy supposed to allow viewing recorded videos?

Months back I recall that viewing timelapses was supported in Handy. I selected a bunch of old timelapses and tried to delete in bulk… and it failed. One update later I lost the ability to see timelapses in Handy - the “MicroSD Card” view just doesn’t list anything but models since then…

Is that intentional? was the feature removed, or did I break some formatting in my sdcard? I’ve tried literally erasing everything in the sdcard and starting over to no avail.

I can still see my time lapse videos listed and play them back - Bambu Handy 2.8.0 on Android 14. I can also confirm that prints from this last week have time lapse entries as expected.

Time lapse videos are only created if you select the box to do so at time of sending the print job. By default it is unchecked I believe.

1 Like

interesting. I’ve checked that box and can view timelapses from Studio but not from Handy. in the Handy UI it just looks like they disabled the timelapse section; it’s not there at all. Can you show me a screenshot of where you find the timelapse videos?

1 Like

thanks for confirming that i’m looking in the right place.

I’m running the same phone environment (Android 14, Handy 2.8.0; on a Pixel 6a). It’s crazy that I can’t see the timelapses in Handy at all.

From Handy I see this:

But in Bambu Studio I see this:

I wonder what else might differ between our environments?

• I’m running Android 14 beta (currently AP21.240305.005); but my issue has existed over several Android updates
  • I’m running P1 beta firmware, but my issue has existed for several P1 firmware updates
  • I formatted the sdcard, installed it back in the machine with no file structure at all, hoping the P1 firmware would recreate whatever structure was required to enable this feature

so very strange.

1 Like

The fact that you can access content on the SD from Bambu Studio speaks to there being no issues with the card itself. Have you tried force closing Bambu Handy then clearing the app cache? If no improvement, try clearing all app data?

1 Like

I have tried both. Just tried them again as I hadn’t done so in a while. Still no joy.

2 Likes

Any luck? I face the exact same issue :frowning:

1 Like

No joy here, but glad to hear I’m not alone. Did your issue begin the same way? (Attempted bulk erase failed)

1 Like

No, actually just one day wanted to access the timelapse videos from the Bambu Handy app but the option was not there.
I do able to access them from Bambu Studio on my PC thoguh.
I hope we will get some response from Bambu lab developers regarding :frowning:

2 Likes

I just went to do the same thing to show a friend of mine a time lapse and it looks like the feature is removed from the Handy app. I have an iPhone 14 Pro max on iOS 17.5 beta. This was an extremely helpful feature when posting time lapse videos for social media via phone. Was this removed intentionally or is this a bug? I’ve done a little bit of research on this and it seems as though Bambu has yet to acknowledge it…

1 Like

Hmm, so not just android but also iOS… what else do we all have in common?

What printer do you have? I’ve got the p1p with the enclosure upgrade to make it like a p1s. I wonder if that is part of the apparent bug?

From Support - “My understanding is that the functionality is still there; however, we have not released the updated version as yet. The timelapse file is too large, and the P1 series download is too slow, resulting in an overall poor experience. We are working on optimising this, and an update will be released when we have it working correctly”

1 Like