Is it possible to turn the video recording off?

Well, the question is in the title …

There is a little cover that can be slide over the camera.

5 Likes

I don’t have the A1, but for my P1P I can deactivate the recording via the device tab in Bambu Studio:

You can turn it off it Bambu Handy…but I read yesterday on the Wiki that it still records anyway. They say that when you submit a Ticket through Handy, it will send the video to Bambu to help with your issue.

I never used the timelapse feature. For me it is dumb idea for bed slinger :smiley:
But if you get your micro SD and read it in your PC (i have no idea how to delete old models, so i got it into card reader and did it manually) you can find a folder with each print you did.

I haven’t tried to turn off this for a while on my X1C but when I did there was no such function. It always records no matter what. I suppose it would be nice to have the auto recording monitoring option as print.in.3d posted but for the A1 there is no such option for me…
WAIT, THERE IS!
Oh I would test that and will report. Thanks @print.in.3d

It is not in my case, I turn it off in Bambu Studio and didn’t see new record in the folder.

Is there any way to turn off video recording for those of us who print via SD cards?

If you want to permanently turn it off just disconnect the camera connector

Steps to replace the Live View Camera

1. Remove the A1 mini motor cover

To access the Live View camera cable, you need to remove the front motor cover. Simply pull from the bottom of the cover towards you and the clips will release.

2. Disconnect the camera cable

Carefully disconnect the camera cable by gently pulling on the white connector. Please avoid pulling on the wire as this can damage the cable/connector.

5 Likes

I didn’t know it recorded constantly

To turn it On/Off physically, because you may want to record sometimes and removing the panel and reconnecting may be a pain, may be a solution would be to tap in one of the wire of the camera connector and add a switch on the side of the “box”. Even better for not modifying anything would be to add a small jst male/female extension wiring and recreate and print the “box” front panel adding a switch.

Well after I updated my A1 I didn’t notice it at first, but there is option screen withing the main menu called camera options. Under that it says you can turn video off
Seeya
M1

Yes but some think that the camera is recording anyway even when switched off in the app

Where is the recording stored?

On the SD Card…you need to insert it into a computer to see it.

1 Like

You could also see it and download it from bambu studio, it just takes a while to load.

I was checking my SD card space recently and I thought that an unusual amount of space had been used just for sending over some 3mf files. I use Filezilla to FTP over to the printer and found 280GB of video files that I didn’t ask for. It just records everything … whether you use the camera or not. Once I removed them, my drive was 95% free space again.

1 Like

I’ve checked my SD card as well and there where a few videos from my first test prints.
Then I remember turning off recording as I didn’t want it to disturb the printing process.
So no, they don’t record everything.

I should have said: some think the camera is streaming anyway even with recording off. I don’t know if that’s true or just conspiracy theory.

Hello,
A quick question following my first impressions with the A1 mini: During printing, a ‘REC’ light with a red dot flashes on the touch screen, but at the start of printing I didn’t activate the timelapse. Does this mean that the camera is still recording ?
If so, I don’t have WIFI where I’m using the printer, so how can I disable the camera?