Is the P1P as good as the X1 / X1-C for PLA?

Hello everyone,

My company recently added a Bambu X1-C w/AMS to our print farm, I’ve been working with it for about a week now, and it is a stellar machine. I have noticed a few early product bugs, and some quality of life things that need to be added, but I’m confident that Bambu Labs will iron out all the wrinkles as time goes on. Stuff like that is expected for a new company/product. Anyway, we’re considering getting more Bambu printers, and my question is basically exactly what is asked in the title: is the P1P as good a printer as the X1 for materials that do not need to be enclosed, primarily PLA and PETG?

I know comparing specs they are almost identical, but I was hoping to hear feedback from users who have experience using both printers.

I only have a P1P…
The P1P seems to be as good when used in a controlled room environment. Any 3d printer would have this issue, X1 printer cabinet helps. In my reading it seems the P1P comes with a better plate to use with PLA. I don’t use PETG. For me the electronics is a significant trade-off but it hasn’t been a show stopper.

It is easy to add a cover to the P1P so I would say it would be a good choice. For the price multiple units would really pay off. i would just leave enough work space room to accommodate adding a cover and still have room to work on the printer.

That’s interesting you say the screen on the P1P is laggy at times. I have two P1Ps and have never experienced any lag. I have also read other comments mentioning lag as well. Could it be related to the type of micro sd card you are using?

After receiving my P1P I can also attest to the lag. I use the micro sd card that came with the printer. Sometimes the buttons are laggy/slow to respond, sometimes they don’t respond at all, and sometimes they do the wrong thing (pressing up will cause the cursor to move left instead). Not a huge deal, but it is a minor annoyance.

I have 1 X1C and 4 P1P’s , my experience is that there is a convenience improvement from the x1 to the p1p, these include the screen, better camera, exhaust fan, enclosure, etc…

Functionally, they are identical if you are limiting your filament types to PLA, PETG. If you want to use more complex materials like Poly Carbon, ABS or more heat/temperature dependant extrusion and enclosure go with the X1.

Buying a X1C for PLA-only prints would be a waste as they print at functionally the same speed. I do this daily.

My P1P, compared to my old bed-slinger printer, prints PLA 4x+ faster and at an higher quality to boot.
I have yet to experience a print failure that wasn’t attributed to user error or physics.

The only “issue” that I had was bed adhesion for certain prints/filament brands on the first layer and that problem went away after I applied the Bambu liquid glue for some of these prints (when applicable based on the geometry) and now that I get perfect layer every single time, which cannot be said about my bed slinger.

I also just printed PETG-CF with the P1P and after some minor filament/speed profile tuning the piece came out beautifully.

Having said that I did upgrade the printer with the following: Aux fan, hardened extruder, hardened nozzle and the AMS.