Is there a way to Pause at layer X to manually change filament?

So, I have a project that would be perfect with a 5th color. Is there a way, other than running out of filament, to program a pause at a certain layer height or certain spot within the print to re-load a filament in? You can obvious hit the manual pause button, but that requires precise timing and monitoring

slice, then in preview you can drag the layer slider to the height you want. Right click the slider, add pause.

3 Likes

In addition to what @Hobo4ssassin describes, I think there’s a few somewhat related topics that may point you in the right direction.

There’s some good pointers here:

1 Like

like here

5 Likes

awesome, thanks all! The right click seems so simple now XD all that really helps

This option does not show up without an AMS installed. There is still no way to do change filament other than inserting a Pause and dealing with that less than optimal route to swap filament.

1 Like

New customer/user here with A1 Mini, no AMS connected.

It was quite the letdown in user experience.

Bambu Studio showed each color filament change, happily starts printing, but not actually paused to let me change colors. Misleading or incomplete at best.

And the UI needs more improvement, it somehow listed showed 9 colors while the model only used 4.

Model was “X Wing in hyperspace by CrazyFilament - MakerWorld” (no links allowed on this forum.