Is there anyway to adjust speed of certain layers?

Hi, I would like to adjust the print speed when printing certain layers which contain threads etc but I cannot see how to do this. Can anyone help? Thanks

Yes - if you right click and add a modifier cube (or cylinder) to the object - then move it and scale it to cover the layers you want a different speed

Then when it you slice it should apply the change just to that area

3 Likes

Brilliant thanks very much, I was sure there was a way to do it (from prusa days ) but couldn’t remember :exploding_head:……old age creeping in lol

I suppose you could always create ‘mouse ears’ with very thin cylinders. But I do agree - I tend to mostly use Auto Brim - and let the slicer decide.

1 Like

Hi mate, any idea how I get the selected area up to the last 10mm of the print height? Every time I try to move it the modifier won’t let me and If I change it to an object etc it doesn’t let me do the speed thing!!! Thanks

Those types of “brims” have been added to Orca Slicer. So I’d guess you should see it soon in Bambu Studio.

Thanks!! but, is there a way to move or snap the modifier cube by layer? It is not easy to place it where you want. Am I missing something? Thanks a lot!!

You could use the variable layer height tool to change layer heights, thereby affecting print speeds that way.

Nah, thats not an option. I need control of the speed specifically in some layers, but keeping the layer height and all other values.