Issue with binding spools related to rollers

I have found that the issues related to spools binding do not always correlate to spools being Bambu, or too lite, or cardboard but that, in many instances, the roller driven by the first stage feeder is locked up. Even forcing the spool to roll by applying pressure takes quite some force to get it to finally get free and actually roll. I’ve cleaned the gears in the first stage feeder and the rollers themselves but with no discernible difference in how it behaves. Could this be an issue of gearing not releasing properly after a full retraction on the color change prior or something firmware related that isn’t tripping the gears to begin the gear that causes the spool to roll at the same time, or slightly before, the first stage feeder begins to pull the filament in….things that make you go, hmmm….
Maybe someone knows better than me why the roller doesn’t start turning when the feeder starts pulling but this would seem to help stop the constant false tangle errors, Ams motor overloads and failed color changes that plague so many… and maybe it is just an inherent issue with the design of the first stage feeder that the gearing doesn’t always catch the roller properly upon pulling the filament in and it causes it to lock up the roller because the push/pull force is now out of balance. I’m not sure the exact reason for the foul up but that seems to be what happens 9 times out of 10 when it does throw errors at me that weren’t either my fault or an actual tangled spool of filament.