Just cannot print with a 0.2mm nozzle

我联系了官方技术人员,并且我把我的打印喷嘴寄给了他们,结果是喷嘴中堵塞了大量的废料。官方给我的答复是初步判断耗材的熔点过高,所以解决办法是降低“最大体积速度”,从2mm³/s降到1mm³/s,我还没有测试。但希望是正确的。这与您说的耗材需要干燥貌似有一定的关联,总之需要降低打印速度。

Perfect timing. My last print, my nozzle started to clog and strip and grind off filament in the extruder. I was lucky that I was sitting next to the printer at the time and was able to stop the print before everything went bad. I had to unclog the nozzle, then do several “cold pulls” to clean out the nozzle (I had a couple PLA prints in between ASA prints). Then I had to remove and clean out the filament sensor on the print head (it was jammed with ground off filament) because the ASA wouldn’t feed anymore.

I will set the “Max volumetric speed” to 1mm³/s and see how things perform.

我在昨天做了全新的测试 打印已经能够正常进行了,效果也很好,层高0.1mm,最大体积速度”从2mm³/s降到1mm³/s ,打印温度提升了10度,其他参数没有改变。但我觉得单次的成功并不意味着可以稳定,我也会继续测试更多的打印,希望能够得到一个准确稳定的结果。也希望你的打印能够顺利,打印愉快。

I tried the 1mm³/s without raising the temperature (I just forgot that part). That didn’t work at all. I couldn’t get a first layer at all. It was just dots on the build plate and a completely clogged nozzle again.

I went back the defaults in Bambu Slicer (2mm³/s) and got perfect prints again, at 0.6-layer height.

I’m wondering if changing the types of filaments might be the issue (ASA → PLA → ASA) might be cause of the clogging. Since PLA is a “low temp” filament, compared to ASA, a “high temp” filament, I think the purge process the nozzle gets too hot if a “low temp” is in the nozzle and it overheats the filament to close to its crystal state and making it harder to purge the filament. I need to experiment more to confirm my thesis.

One thing I have noticed during the purging process of ASA, if the filament starts “curling” up around the nozzle over the waste chute, I will have issues. If the filament “streams” straight down everything works. Weird. When it does “curl” I’ve done a couple “cold pulls”, until I get “streaming” purges.

Also look at the nozzle with a magnifying glass (mobile phone), it may be scratched, you can see this under high magnification on craters. If so, try replacing the nozzle. Filament always curls when the nozzle is dirty, too high temperatures burn the material if it is not extruded. You can flush the nozzle with high temperatures, but then you have to add filament quickly. If you are switching from ASA to PLA, it may help to increase the purging volume at a high purging temperature. The temperature must be high enough to remove ASA residues in the nozzle, so you need a high temperature. A high purge volume of PLA at this high temperature should get the ASA residue out. If you print PLA very, very quickly (>250mm/s), you need a temperature of up to 240°C, for example. If you print PLA more slowly, reduce the temperature. This not only improves the appearance of the object but also reduces the amount of burnt residue.

I’ve gone back to my original hypothesis. Drying the filament. I tried various settings (temperature, flow rate, wall thickness, etc.) without success.

I’ve had high humidity days (for my area) and I re-dried the ASA (twice in the printer) and one roll of PLA (again in the printer to test my hypothesis). Doing so has corrected my clogging issues and improved print quality. I can jump back and forth from PLA and ASA without issues.

To help keep the filament dry in the AMS I also picked up 430g of indicating silica beads (I know, not the most environmentally safe, but I like to know when to dry it out) and printed Hydra AMS - Silica Dry Boxes for added moisture control to help keep my filament dry.

I also just ordered a dedicated filament dryer, so I don’t tie up the printer drying filament.