Keep getting “not able to scan buildplate” message

Hi everyone

I ordered the textured PEI buildplate from Bambu labs and I select it as the build plate option in Bambu sclicer but every time I start a print I get a message that says “unable to scan the buildplate code”.

Anyone else getting this message even with the official Bambu lab textured build plate?

I know that the textured plate is harder (impossible?) for the the Lidar to scan, so I’m guessing it also has a hard time scanning the QR code.

I have two (non-textured) build plates and on one the printing is a lot darker so it 95% of the time I get the error that it couldn’t read that one. I have not had any issue with just ignoring that “error.”

Could we get a .pdf of the images of barcodes, I wonder if a label printer might work, the high temperature plate also fails and I think it is due to the contrast being poopy? A nylon sticker label would probably survive.

The barcode is really very small and simple. I could probably create it in inkscape without too much difficulty. I’ll try to do that tonight if I get a few spare minutes.

That code simply isn’t there. And not needed really, since the print continues anyway.

Just a food for thought update… I flipped the double sided textured build plate upside down from the original way I had installed it (I installed it the same way it is displayed in the Bambu sclicer preview with the front/door facing overlap/hanging off the heated bed section of the build plate that has the barcode on it towards the right side of the printer.) now I have the barcode section of the buildplate on the left side of the printer (same side as touch screen) and it IS ABLE to scan the build plate every time!

If your having this issue, flip your build plate to the opposite side that is displayed on Bambu sclicer preview screen and see if the “unable to scan build plate” message goes away.

1 Like

There is a quality production issue. My slicer oriented mounted PEI is readable 90% of the time but I also noticed by eye a much better readable code on the other side. You could copy the few pixels and print them out.