đź’ˇ Kitchen Contest Submissionđź’ˇ

A really smart idea, to bad FDM prints are not food safe. My wife would have loved a couple of those. Havn’t checked out the entries but feels like this contest if gonna give a lot of people food poisoning.

You should not use the forum as marketing for your models though.

1 Like

I agree that the forums shouldn’t be a place for promoting yourself/designs.

I am going to have to disagree with asdfgasdfg1. I think it’s a really poor idea actually. As a baker in my spare time, you need typically 3-5 different sized measuring utensils, and sometimes 1 or 2 ingredients use the same size. Most of the time you take out the set and you have to wash 1 of them in the middle of cooking only.

By using 1 of these things you now need to disassemble, wash AND DRY it between every single ingredient. It’s cool to have something adjustable, but for ingredients and food it is a bad design decision.

That doesn’t even account for granulated items or powders which will get stuck below the slider. Or honey/molasses which you need hot water to remove effectively.

Maybe i’m salty because of the self promotion, but I really think that it’s not something that people who actually bake will even consider using

3 Likes

That was exactly my thought i use double ended spoons and still end up having to wash at least 1 when baking

2 Likes

In general I steer clear of items that touch food.

2 Likes
1 Like

Although I don’t do food stuff, I think anyone who can create stuff has a very useful skill. I have a small bit of creation skill, but I don’t think I could model that, so kudos to you for having the ability.

1 Like

Thank you so much Dulphy! It means a lot because I’m new to this and still learning.

1 Like

Nobody was born with the skills to design a model in CAD, just keep it up, designing what you can, learning while you go and you will be able to design something like that soon as well. You own a 3d printer, you could become a plastic god, whatever you can imagine you could squirt out in reality.

For everyone on here freaking out about using fdm for food items, I printed a rice strainer from PETG at .08 layers that I use to wash my rice before cooking. I have had it for over a year and I am doing just fine

There are FDA / EU certified filaments available.
For example:
Co-Polyester from Colorfabb XT
HIPS from Easyfil
PET-G from HDGlass
PLA from Copper3D (PLActive Antibacterial) or Purement Antibacterial
and more :slight_smile:
Source in German:

This is great and if you haven’t copy protected yet then you should! I really like it and thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Copy protect what? The design?

2 Likes

It’s concern for all the people that sleep on nylon sheets, sit on furniture full of chemicals, and use frying pans that are coated in forever chemicals.

I smoke, do I still need to worry about those nano molecules? I wonder what’s in the wood of a butchers block? How come those never killed anyone? :smile:

I think it would be nice to have a place on the forum where people can post their inventions. Maybe a separate models section so it doesn’t clutter the discussions.

I know there are comments sections on places where people post their models, but it is not the same as seeing and commenting on designs of people you have become acquainted with on the forum. I would like to see the designs of others, especially those that come to the forum regularly that I have had discussions with. I think it would be inspiring to eachother, especially since many of the regulars like to experiment and push the limits of what can be done. I think it would be a benefit to eachother.

There is the “share your prints” in the Other topics. This thread has some really neat prints.

4 Likes

I can’t even get a Safety Data Sheet for Bambu brand filaments. They are not posted anywhere that I can find. I sent Bambu a message asking for them (which they are legally required to provide) about 2 weeks ago and haven’t gotten a response. Anyone know if any of the Bambu filaments are food safe?

These are at walmart already, people buy them.

It’s on each filament page

Which filament do you use food friendly? Sins 3d print is made layer byy layer isnt a problem that germs stuck betweeen layers?