Large models not placed on print bed

I am having the issue, that models which almost use the entire size of the Printer (254mm part on P1S, 178mm part on A1 Mini) are placed next to the bed with automatic placement. Its the same for the P1S and the A1 Mini. It´s quite annoying, because it is hard to place those thight models accurately on the print bed manually.

Is anyone else having these issues?

I’ve had it happen a few times. I think it might be because the 3MF or STL was created in another slicer with a different bed size.

I just move the model onto the bed & right click “Arrange”, sometimes I tweak it a little if I don’t like the placement.

2 Likes

With the purge line that model probably won’t fit like that, rotate it 90 degrees and try to auto position it again, with allow rotation enabled.

It’s 178 on the Y it should fit. I might have to go all the way to the right if it uses a purge tower.

It also happens when i just generate a Cube in Bambu Studio with 178x178mm.
Thanks for the tip with right click on the object and “arrange”, then even a 180x180mm cube is centered perfectly. Somehow the auto arrange button next to the build plate does not like large models.

Thank you!

This bug can be quite annoying, especially if you want to place as many parts onto a plate AND have multiple plates required.
The auto arrange from the top menu just won’t work.
At least not with acceptable results.
And while the right click on the model works great for a single model it does not help much if there is multiple parts.
When I tried to print large arms for a kinetic art model Bambu studio insisted only one part of two part arms would fit onto the plate - no matter what.
By manually finding the best orientation I was able to place FOUR parts onto the plate without issues.

It seems the automatic placing and arranging always assumes that you have multiple parts that need to be printed individually AND that you use a wiping tower even for a single color print.
For smaller parts there is no complaints from the slicer but if you have large objects, even if only long and narrow on the bed however it complains that there might be collisions.
Quite funny if you get this warning if selected to print all models at once and layer by layer…
Not all is golden in Bambu Studio …