Layer peeling?

Hey all, my P1S was doing great for the first few weeks, but my newness to this hobby is showing, and this is the latest result. I’ve been trying to make adjustments to prevent stringing, but today while printing a flat piece, this was the result. Can anyone give me some pointers as to why?

You’re using the wrong filament setting. If I were to guess, you’re either using PETG and using the PLA settings or perhaps your using PLA and using the TPU settings. Either way, this kind of delamination is classic of too low a temperature. There is always the possibility of your nozzle not getting hot enough because of a faulty or loose thermistor which is easy to fix, but I would first verify that you’re filament setting is correct before chasing a hardware problem.

2 Likes

I’m using Bambu PLA and using the Bambu Basic PLA settings - 220C. I’ll check the thermistor.

I took off the hot end and reinstalled it. Everything looked fine? I had a temp tower fail at 190C yesterday, and the same thing happened after I reinstalled.

Can you elaborate on the statement:

A temp tower is a gradient test, what do mean “fail”. Can you share some photographs? It’s hard to visualize what you’re referencing.

Sure, this tower actually failed at the 200C layer. You can see the layer just failed to adhere to the layer below it.

Since my pic in the OP was supposed to print at 220C and then with this tower, it makes me think the hot end isn’t getting as hot as it’s supposed to. Does that make sense?

I hate to break it to you my friend, you have a defective spool. Go get your money back.

Ask me how I know. :joy:

PLA+ my ass!!! Should be called " PLA – "

This is one of those occasions where I took a no-questioned-asked recommendation from a member here. This filament went on sale at under $13 which was a personal best at the time in my quest for the lowest cost but quality filament. I though t I was getting a deal… until I wasn’t. :rage: This was the sole experience I’ve had like this and the fact that it happened with two different spools says something about the product.

Sent both spools back with extreme prejudice with 200g used solely during my futile attempt to do what your doing which was to try to tune it and Amazon didn’t even bat an eye. Within two hours of dropping it on the UPS drop box, I had the money back.

Since Amazon has free returns and liberal return policy, I don’t taking a risk on an unknown filament maker but in this case, these guys were supposedly established. I did research on them and Google their address and their in one of those run down industrial parks known to have auto theft chop shops, not the kind of neighborhood you’d want to be in at night. This hints at the people behind the product.

I’ve since noticed that the seller, Fremover has earned themselves a caution flag from Fakespot which underscores my experience when I reached out to their tech support for assistance and got radio silence when I showed them my pics.

Dangit it’s Bambu filament. Do they do refunds?

Asking is not stealing. Show them your results. They will likely make you wait 3-4 weeks, and then they will ask you for your logs… at least that’s their M.O. Then they will offer you a credit. So, for your pain and suffering, your accommodation is to be forced to do more business with them. Oh, and you pay freight if it’s under $50.

Personally, unless one is an AMS user and wants the convenience, why pay for 1 spool when you can get 2-3 spools on Amazon with free freight and no-hassle returns if you’re not satisfied. It baffles me quite frankly. I ditched Bambu after 1 bad silk, 3 bad Matte and finally 1 bad PETG filament experience. Why would I bother paying 50% more with crappy return privileges for a substandard product?

Let us know how you make out. Perhaps they will see this post and all the others complaining about poor filament quality control and decide to treat you like a valued customer… could happen… Nah!!! :joy:

1 Like

@Olias, you make a compelling case for other filament brands. For each new brand you try, do you go through a calibration procedure, such as this, to obtain a corresponding print profile?

For the first few weeks playing around with PLA I was delighted with the results. But now that I’m trying to build shop jigs with PETG and ASA, I find that I’m increasingly tinkering with profile settings, and Bambu’s plug-and-play approach isn’t quite working.

Yes, I do perform calibration on all first-time spool vendors. I even recalibrate vendors that already have pre-populated profiles in Bambu Studio, including Bambu itself, which has proven more than once that their so-called “factory tested” profiles are suspect.

I have a P1P, so I bypass Bambu Calibration outside of the initial bed leveling and vibration calibration. I simply skip to the tests in Orca.

I do this for all filaments, not just the bad ones I send back to Amazon. I’m starting to exhaust many of the filament makers. Only those that appear to make an effort to come close to the $10 goal are the ones I now consider. What does that mean? So, if I am buying a new spool of filament at $13, but there is another maker who comes in at $14 that I haven’t tried before, I will give that $14 filament a shot. For those who continue to price above $16 (for PLA), they will never witness me opening my wallet. That’s not to say I haven’t recently purchased spools above $25, but those were specialty filaments I wanted to experience, like CF.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.