Layer Shift after a power out and print restart

I accidentally unpowered my bambu X1C during a print and restarted it right away. It was in the middle of a 10 hours print and noticed there is a layer shift afterwards.
It wasn’t like that. I had several power outages before and never had a problem before.

Couldn’t be that the latest firmware that is causing this?
Firmware version 01.07.03.00

I can only imagine the frustration.
I had a similar issue, yet different firmware, shorter print and the power went down locally. The power was down for about 10 minutes, enough for the print to shrink (ASA), leading to layer shifting. This is my guess, but it is hard to be confident as many factors, including firmware changes, can influence it. I hope that you’re able to bind both parts.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Jay.
I was printing TPU. I am suspecting it’s the latest firmware. The parts were mostly lost unfortunately.

Have you installed any kind of dust cover or purge cap or anything of sort since you’re last successful power resume. I noticed the head parks slightly differently on power resume or any pause/resume or load/unload to where it parks at the start of the print. It happenned to me once where a perfectly placed cacle protector I installed became not this perfectly placed on a load/unload filament routine.