Layer shifting

Hi All,

I was printing an Aux fan saver: ( Printables) in PETG. (Extrudr XPETG MATT black).
Nozzle temp 245, bed temp 70 degree. 0.20mm Standard.
First layer 50mm/s, outer wall 200 mm/s, inner wall 300 mm/s.
Wall loops 5

When the print was done I did see a layer shifting. See picture.
What did I do wrong?

2 Likes

If you ever figure it out, let us all know. I printed a small forest of tall, skinny cribbage pegs (200% normal size) in standard mode and was so impressed that they printed! Then I noticed the layer shift. Eeeesh. Eyeballing it, I’d say it was at about the same layer as your pic. Standard PLA. They all went in the bin. A damned waste.

I have no idea what went wrong. I sliced it again with the same settings with bambu lab slicer. There was no layer shift visible in the software. I printed it again with the same settings, but now with 4 wall lines instead of 5. The print is successfully printed. Really strange.

I’m getting exactly the same problem. Massive layer shify for no reason early on

Try the following:

1. Retension the belts:
    Belt tensioning procedure | Bambu Lab Wiki
  2. For the infill use Gyroid pattern
  3. It already looks like you are using a brim which is good
  4. The model looks top heavy. Is it possible to use support? If so, could you add it and then retry it?

Please try all 4 and your part should print. I had to do the above when I had a part that was top heavy like yours.

This looks like the belts skipped maybe? I would definitely check their tension before printing anything else.

Check if the layers shifted on a travel move or on an extrusion, in other words: is it completely cleanly split or is there a string somewhere attaching the two shifted layers?
What accelerations were you using? Was jerk control enabled or just the basic settings?