Leave on? Turn off?

I upgraded one of my older printers to an X1C and recently ordered a second AMS. Do you folks generally leave your X1C/AMS on overnight so you can hit the ground running in the morning, or do you turn them off and go through the long initialization process every day?

1 Like

Using a smart plug and Home Assistant I automatically turn off the X1C printer at 22:00 if not printing (depending on the status). If the printer is still printing a print job after 22:00 the printer will turn off 10 minutes after the finished print job when the status changed.

2 Likes

Although i dont own an x1c i generally log out and turn my a1`s off.
now the latest bambu studio 1.8.4.51 takes the qr code out of rebinding and logging in a selected printer to the cloud, once its turned on

I leave mine on all the time

3 Likes

I also use wifi plugs to power down/up my printers.

I have mine plugged into a smart plug but I forget all the time to turn it off. I also forget to shut off the dumb light that Bambu never figured out how to auto shut off…

1 Like

how do you get printing status in HA? is there an API for Bambu or are you just looking at the power usage?

1 Like

I turn off the chamber light, it stays off until a print starts. Once the flow lines on the front edge and back corner are laid down, the light comes on for video recording and for spaghetti detection, and turns off when the print completes.

I realized I commented on a X series forum, yeah doesn’t work that way for the P series unfortunately. :expressionless:

Turn mine off via the smartplug as part of a “Goodnight” routine which switches off the lamps, tv’s and powerboards. I’ve got to remember not to say goodnight in earshot of google if I’m printing though :joy:… Fell for that twice, once the night before and the next day while telling my wife about it.

I Turn the printer Off.

Smartplugs are usefull.

Mine stays on, but on standby if I’m not using it. It’s in the office at work so if I’m home and I want to run a print, I want to be able to send it direct.

I typically leave mine on

Ditto.

I’ve been known to wake up, tell Alexa to turn the printer on, turn the light on near the printers, select something cool from Bambu Handy and tell it to print.

I still hadn’t moved from the bed at this point.

I prefer not to leave them running when not printing, I’m aware they don’t have a high vampire power drain, but, you never know what could happen when your not at least partially interested in its current activity.

Plus, I love having everything in my house controlled by voice. It makes my existence with many disabilities far easier to tolerate.

1 Like