LIDAR Scanner Cleaning

After a few hours of printing ABS I started getting messages about the need to clean the LIDAR. I have looked for YouTube video tutorials and several FaceBook groups and found nothing. Bambu’s site has a short article with one really bad picture where you cannot see exactly what it is that needs cleaning. I have “cleaned” it several times but after a few PLA prints the message comes back. Does anyone have better explanation of what needs to be cleaned and how? I wish Bambu would put more videos on YouTube for all these topics!!!

1 Like

Just drive the bed all the way down and have a look from underneath. You could use a mirror for better view. You’ll find one lens like here in the picture. In the grey/black box attached/sticking out right next to the nozzle(green text on it „Bambu Micro-Lidar“) there you’ll find the laser. Be shure to unplug the mashine as you could harm your eyes during maintenance. Maybe this is still dirty as you only cleaned the cam lens. I would also run a complete calibration self test from the display.

Hope it helps a little!

1 Like